• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage Shortage?

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
I'm trying to purchase an A&E Double Flight Cage with Divider (#6421) but it seems to be sold out everywhere I look. Does anyone know a website that has them for sale?

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
So when Covid started and the cargo ship that blocked the canal happened it delayed all cage shipping and manufacturing. There was also an astronomical raise in costs to have the cargo loads brought from oversees (where all cages are made). Some companies have started focusing on cages that sell better than others until they can figure out how to get them made and brought over here at a better cost. This is why there has been limited style availability over the last year. I know that some companies are hoping to have more available in the beginning of the year but there is no guarantee. So if you find a cage you like buy it quick because you may not get another opportunity/.

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Yep. There's also been huge demand surges as Covid restrictions loosened around the world, especially post-stimulus in the US. But shipping containers were in all the wrong places. Recently in the port of LA, they were sending the ships back across the Pacific without refilling them with empty containers because it would cost more to keep the ship in port those extra hours to load the empties than to send it back and buy newly made containers. The port was running 24-7 at greater than what would be normal peak capacity and they still couldn't unload ships fast enough to prevent historic levels of buildup. Dozens of ships were just hanging out, anchored offshore while waiting to be unloaded.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Oh as an added note: With the additional costs the companies will be facing, expect cage prices to increase (some quite a bit)

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Kings Cages actually posted a video about this on their Youtube channel earlier this year. If you call a cage company they will tell ya the same. It is sad as the cages I wanted to upgrade to are hard to find currently.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Interesting. I have been trying to sell my two cages for a while now. Maybe the shortage will get them gone.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
As an example, I bought two A&E Elegant Flight cages last July for $250 CND each. Last I checked, they were $650 online & nowhere to be seen in person.