• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MPCacatúa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Molly Perko
Hello! I wanted to share my cage set up and ask if there are any improvements I should make? Also- how can I get more toys and such in the lower half so they can enjoy their whole enclosure? (most of my toys hang from the ceiling of the cage)
Also- they are allowed out of the cage daily! The doors are left open several hours a day.

Attachments

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I would definitely get rid of the coconut hidey in there, they encourage hormones and mating behavior that can be unhealthy.
The cage is a great size, love all the natural perches and toys!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I suggest a platform perch on which to rest their feet. Some of the AA vendors sell them.

Good to know about the coconut hut, Sunni Tiel.

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I suggest a platform perch on which to rest their feet. Some of the AA vendors sell them.

I can see a pink platform perch on the left in the middle. Good advice!

I also recommend stainless steel dishes, the plastic ones collect bacteria very fast.

Gigibirds

Oooh! What a lovely cage!! For hanging toys in the lower half I like to add a perch (not going all the way across) to the lower section and then hang a toy off the perch. But I'm also looking for a better way to do it!

MPCacatúa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Molly Perko
I would definitely get rid of the coconut hidey in there, they encourage hormones and mating behavior that can be unhealthy.
The cage is a great size, love all the natural perches and toys!
I did not even think about that! I will take it out for sure!

MPCacatúa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Molly Perko

I have two small ones about mid height but I am on the hunt for a platform that will sit in a corner! I definitely want to give those tiny feet a rest :)

MPCacatúa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Molly Perko
I can see a pink platform perch on the left in the middle. Good advice!

I also recommend stainless steel dishes, the plastic ones collect bacteria very fast.
Thank you! I just replaced them all this morning- one food and water bowl on each side to limit squabbles over them! I am still experimenting with fresh veggies and fruit for them and I have a sprouting kit coming this weekend!!

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Oops, Didn't see the stainless steel dishes near the top!