• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage setup advice :)

AddieWattl

Moving in
Hello everyone! I hope your all having a very good day or night. I have one cockatiel and I am just wondering if i could get any advice or ideas for my cage. Right now I have a rope perch, calcium perch and 1 natural wood perche in his cage and the other on the outside. I rotate the toys and perches every couple of weeks and I have a lot more natural wood perches to use. I am thinking of getting a platform perch aswel. I appreciate all your responses :)

Attachments

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I would for sure add more perches, and give the cage a good cleaning, I really like the seagrass mats though.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Parrots will use the highest perch in the cage to sleep on. The sleeping perch should be natural wood of an appropriate diameter to keep their feet healthy. A textured calcium perch is much too rough to use as a sleeping perch - move it lower down and get a more suitable perch to use as a sleeping perch.

Think about how your bird uses the space. If you want your tiel to play with their toys, you have to make sure they can reach them!

You can look at other people's setups and get some ideas from this thread

AddieWattl

Moving in
Parrots will use the highest perch in the cage to sleep on. The sleeping perch should be natural wood of an appropriate diameter to keep their feet healthy. A textured calcium perch is much too rough to use as a sleeping perch - move it lower down and get a more suitable perch to use as a sleeping perch.

Think about how your bird uses the space. If you want your tiel to play with their toys, you have to make sure they can reach them!

You can look at other people's setups and get some ideas from this thread

Thanks, I will swap that perch out for a natural one and have a look at the thread!