• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage requirement for galah?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
It would be ok short term, especially if the bird is young. But long term the galah would need a bigger cage. Mine is in an A & E corner cage. The 2 back sides are 42 inches. Russell Boogertoo is an active fella. Kings also makes a nice corner cage if that is what you want.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
CC4242-AE AE Extra Large Corner Cage 61X48X73.jpg
Mine looks like this. Long sides are 42 inches. Shorter side are I think 22 inches each.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

A Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo has a wingspan of about 31". Using the rule of 1.5 to 2 times for width, you'd ideally need something at least 47" wide. The one you have would be okay until you can upgrade.

Phoenix&Li

Walking the driveway

A Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo has a wingspan of about 31". Using the rule of 1.5 to 2 times for width, you'd ideally need something at least 47" wide. The one you have would be okay until you can upgrade.
Okay thank you. I tried looking for the wingspan size but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I heard they can get crazy in the cage so I want to get the perfect cage.

Phoenix&Li

Walking the driveway
This is our Goffins cage. Which is about the same size as a galah. She is in had of
It and our Quaker in the other half. Divider in between them.
Wow that’s awesome. Do they go after each other?

Srohe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suzanna
Wow that’s awesome. Do they go after each other?
No they do not. Now when they are out of the cage together sometimes our Goffins will chase the Quaker. So I put them out at seperate times.