• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Cage Question

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
It's because the PBFD virus (circovirus) will live and be present for a year or even more. It is a very virulent virus.
Oh thank you

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
OK. New dilemma. I think a found s suitable cage I can afford. And a cage I WANT. But can’t really afford. So I just applied for AfterPay and got accepted so I can split it into 4 payments.

$300
The A&E Cage Large Flight Cage provides your pet with a comfortable and roomy living space. This owner friendly flight cage series by A&E provides a spacious, safe and comfortable home that your feathered friend will absolutely love.

Features:

Large, bird proof front door for easy access, 1 breeder door, and feeder door locks. This cage also includes a stand

Slide-out grill and tray for easy cleaning

4 easy rolling casters for portability

Vertical bars

2 feeder stations and 2 perches

Bottom shelf for storage

Made with durable wrought-iron and baked in a non-toxic, powder-coated finish for you and your pets safety.

Includes:

Large. bird proof front door

1 breeder door

Feeder door locks

Bird cage has vertical bars

2 feeder stations and 2 perches

Slide-out grill & tray for easy cleaning

Bottom shelf for storage and 4 easy rolling casters

Color: Please choose from available colors
Environment: Indoors
Material: Wrought-iron, non-toxic powder coated finish
Dimensions: 32 in L x 21 in W x 63 in H

$80 View attachment 413902 View attachment 413902 View attachment 413903 View attachment 413903
DESCRIPTION

Prevue Pet Products Flight Cage in White SPF0610 is a great way to encourage exercise for your parakeet, finch or other small bird. Included feeder cups and perches are designed to ensure the cage interior remains spacious and attractive. A large, front opening door and removable plastic tray allows for quick and easy cleaning. Compact footprint lets you easily stack additional flight cages. Available in White only, Prevue Pet Products SPF0610 Flight Cage measures 30" Long, 18" Wide and 18" High with 3/8" wire spacing.

Features: Easily Stack Additional Flight Cages

Includes: Cage, 2 Perch, 2 Cups

Used for: Finches, Parakeet, or Other Small Birds

Color: White

Number of Doors: One

Material: Plastic, Metal
I just got the a&e flight cage. I love it

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Fly in the ointment: I will soon have the funds for a new baby. BUT: no local birds! The nearest Petsmart that has canaries is a $60 Uber trip away and the have one 1 bird. The clerk didn’t know its gender or if it sings because they have a noisy conure. The do have finches. But in searching the web I found an aviary that has Lady Gouldians and they ship. Any advice on either the personalities of these finches and/or the wisdom of having birds shipped%? I’ve never done that and not sure I’m comfortable doing so.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Have you checked for local breeders? I don't live in a particularly large city, but there is a local canary breeder. You'd not need transportation!

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Have you checked for local breeders? I don't live in a particularly large city, but there is a local canary breeder. You'd not need transportation!
Don’t seem to be any local breeders. I found a pet store 2 away that has a bonded pair of canaries, gender unknown. Need to check with Uber how much a round trip would cost.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Fly in the ointment: I will soon have the funds for a new baby. BUT: no local birds! The nearest Petsmart that has canaries is a $60 Uber trip away and the have one 1 bird. The clerk didn’t know its gender or if it sings because they have a noisy conure. The do have finches. But in searching the web I found an aviary that has Lady Gouldians and they ship. Any advice on either the personalities of these finches and/or the wisdom of having birds shipped%? I’ve never done that and not sure I’m comfortable doing so.
@finchly might be able to answer your questions but she hasn't been on since March.

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Don’t seem to be any local breeders. I found a pet store 2 away that has a bonded pair of canaries, gender unknown. Need to check with Uber how much a round trip would cost.
Two hours away. Uber would be $100 + tip.
@finchly might be able to answer your questions but she hasn't been on since March.
Ive been doing my homework and decided no on a Gouldian. Reportedly picky eaters. Also finches don't live long enough some I'm back to canaty hunting. And the bonded pair is $100 Uber ride (plus trip) away. :huh:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Are there any rehomes closer to you maybe?
Can you catch a bus there instead of using an uber?

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Are there any rehomes closer to you maybe?
Can you catch a bus there instead of using an uber?
I had a senior moment and remembered the wrong cost. The bonded pair is only $60 + tip away and is in the same city as the independent living facility I want to look at. (Not fond of the director here.) So I think I’ll order a cage and make a trip once it is set up. Since I can’t get a parrot, I think a bonded pair of canaries might be a happy addition to my apartment.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I just saw this thread. Is it safe to even keep Peep's old cage out as a planter where another bird could land on it? Is there a way to use the new cage money to have it cleaned enough instead?

I'm glad you got the cage you want! :laughing12:And I'm glad the canaries are feasible for you. Have you checked local sites like Craigslist and RescueMe?

My apartment is barren. I NEED a bird.
I know what you mean. My favorite dog passed away this summer. We have two other dogs, and they're sweet, but bless 'em, they aren't smart like Nomi. Last month we got another kelpie mix. I know she isn't Nomi and I'm not trying to replace her, but she is helping to heal that hole in my heart, in our home.

:bluhug:I hope you find the perfect avian friend or friends. :heart2:

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
I just saw this thread. Is it safe to even keep Peep's old cage out as a planter where another bird could land on it? Is there a way to use the new cage money to have it cleaned enough instead?

I'm glad you got the cage you want! :laughing12:And I'm glad the canaries are feasible for you. Have you checked local sites like Craigslist and RescueMe?

I know what you mean. My favorite dog passed away this summer. We have two other dogs, and they're sweet, but bless 'em, they aren't smart like Nomi. Last month we got another kelpie mix. I know she isn't Nomi and I'm not trying to replace her, but she is helping to heal that hole in my heart, in our home.

:bluhug:I hope you find the perfect avian friend or friends. :heart2:
I’ve double checked and unless there are any wild parrots around here, the cage is no threat to other birds. But I’ll probably junk it since I don’t have a balcony and my cousin isn’t interested it having it. And I don’t need to see it empty.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Looking forward to seeing ur cage set up :heart: when’s it getting delivered