• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage mates

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Has anyone here ever kept a dove with a tiel?

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Usually it's discouraged to keep different species together in the same cage, even if they get along, they might have serious fight. I think they also need grit, while parrots don't.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am a little concerned about how long it has been since we have heard from @Birdbabe
I was just thinking that earlier actually:( I've tagged her twice in the last few weeks and haven't seen her reply.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
am a little concerned about how long it has been since we have heard from @Birdbabe
Several times people have tagged her regarding Noki, there's been no response. I'm worried, too.

Jogging around the block
Not impossible, could be just fine, but I do discourage people keeping different bird species together in cages. With cages there's just not a lot of room for them to get away from each other if they have a fight. If you want/have a dove I think they're best kept in different cages, potentially beside each other, and as long as the tiel is not showing aggression out of cage time together would be fine.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Ripshod hasn’t been active either.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
If you want/have a dove I think they're best kept in different cages, potentially beside each other, and as long as the tiel is not showing aggression out of cage time together would be fine.
What I have is a wild baby dove with a broken hip and leg. I bought him a flight cage. Thanks!

1660501802786.jpg 1660697486154.jpg 1660510695672.jpg