• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage location

Zazu123

Meeting neighbors
I live in a pretty oddly shaped apartment which makes finding a spot for my lovebird’s cage a bit hard. Half of my apartment is floor to ceiling windows. I wanted to put him near a window because I feel like its better for his circadian rhythm and is more visually entertaining. But Im scared he will feel too exposed if I put his cage against a window. And I live in a pretty loud city, and Im nervous it might keep him awake at night. I have a den in my apartment that isnt really a room it is more like a little office space towards the entrance. It has no windows and natural light barely reaches it. However, since it is far from windows it is the quietest area at night. So, since I do keep him out of his cage for the entire time that Im home, will he get too bored if his cage is located in a den with no windows?

geff

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Geoff
Have you considered having a sleeping cage in the quiet room for night rest, and leaving the other cage in the "lively" area during daylight hours.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
A sleep cage is a good idea, because that den is a great place for a bird to sleep.

Another option with the window, is covering the back of the cage with something. Peg up fabric maybe? It will be easier if the cage is square or rectangle. I have seen people use wrapping paper or plastic tablecloths.

Zazu123

Meeting neighbors
Yeah that was definitely on my list of considerations. Im weighing my options of everything with the location of his cage. One other concern I have of putting him in the living room is that it is near the kitchen and a little colder than the den.