• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage Heaters

melissa68

Walking the driveway
I did a ton of research trying to find a good cage heater for Henry and I picked up the K&H large one for around $46. Measurements are 4"x7". It's in his sleeping cage and he snuggles up to it most nights. I wanted another heater for his "play cage" and went on the hunt again. Nothing wrong with the one I got but I was hoping to find something a little more cost effective.

1578598054843.png

Enter...
1578598193311.png

It's also by K&H. It measures 9x12 and it costs $26!! It's actually a chicken warmer lol. It's so big I'm able to have an upper perch and a lower perch so I know this would work great for big birds. The large K&H I got prior isn't large at all and I can't see how it would work for a larger bird.

It comes with four small holes in the corners that I drilled a bit bigger and then I used zip ties to attach to the inside of his cage.

The Snuggle Up bird warmer temps run from 102-110 degrees. The chicken bird warmer goes to 102 degrees.

For the cost savings and the additional size I would absolutely buy the chicken one again. Link to the chicken one on amazon

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I use the snuggle -up heater in conjunction with a heated perch for Emily CAG. Works great. The chicken heater would be great in the cockatiel flock cages. Sometimes they just pause on a heated perch to warm up and then move on to return to sitting with their mate. Chicken warmer is large enough for both birds to use it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The only precaution with the chicken one is that it's not designed to go up against the beak power of a parrot ;)

Stacy M

Meeting neighbors
I also purchased the K&H bird warmer (smaller size) on Amazon for my cockatiel. So far so good!

mnd

Checking out the neighborhood
Actually you need to be careful with the k&h heater - I bought one and it overheated and scalded my irn on his chest!! He has no feathers on his chest so there was no protection from the heat! It was too hot to touch for very long and when I measured the temperature, it was at least 70 deg Celsius (150F? I’m from Australia so we think in Celsius). When I complained, k&h refused to do anything because I bought from unauthorised dealer! I didn’t even realised that was a possibility - I just bought it from an Australian site so I didn’t have to worry about the electrical voltage differences (OZ has 240V system). I am very disappointed in this company, this is still their product and they need to take responsibility for it! Very poor customer service..... Anyway, just warning everyone.

Attachments

Stacy M

Meeting neighbors
I also purchased the K&H bird warmer (smaller size) on Amazon for my cockatiel. So far so good!
Still happy with this purchase. Smokey likes to hang out next to it and preen after a bath.