• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

cage for a canary?

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
A friend in Montana asked for recommendationd for a cage for a canary:
"Can you recommend a place to order a solid cage that hopefully doesn’t cost a fortune? I know that’s probably impossible but my choices here are petsmart and petco. Both are expensive and outrageous, and they carry cheap stuff. If I have to spend the money would rather get something quality. I actually want to order everything online and get the cage setup before I get the bird (obviously :)."

Does anyone have suggestions? I'm not sure where to suggest now in these supply-chain challenged times.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
She is going to have better luck online. :)

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
It may be worth checking out FB marketplace and Craigslist. I got my cage from FB marketplace new in box at half the cost of new. Even used cages can be found in good condition, just would need to do a very thorough cleaning and disinfecting.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
anyone wish to add one they have and like?

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
There was a new member recently with a really lovely one, but I'm blanking on their username. It was just lovely & huge; I remember admiring the pictures. Anyone recall this post? There was also a nice one about a new apartment (canary cage) recently, that also seemed nice.