• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage fell with budgie still inside. How do I tell if he’s hurt?

budgie2021

Sprinting down the street
I was carrying my budgie in his sleeping cage. I think the top part was partially unhooked or something. Anyway, I accidentally bumped really hard into the sofa as i was walking and the bottom part of the cage with a couple of his things came crashing down. He flew downward but I’m not sure if he got injured as it happened so fast.

he flew to the top of one of the windowsill and then flew across the living room to land on the mirror. His pupils got really tiny like they do he gets scared, but he shook his tail and nodded his head when I put him in his sleeping cage again. He’s making soft squeaks right now that I put him to bed and rubbed his head against the perch right now. And he sneezed a couple times.

would he be showing this behavior if he was injured? How long would it take to tell? I’m very hyper aware after the freak accident with my other budgie. :(

budgie2021

Sprinting down the street
I think he’s grinding his beak, but it reminds me so much of the awful clicking noise my other budgie made before he passed so it makes me more worried. Maybe I’m overthinking but hopefully someone can throw their two cents in!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
How is your little one doing?