• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage cleaning wipes?

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on bird safe wipes to use to clean off perches, cage bars and toys. I just want to have some close by the cages so I can wipe the bird poo off the perches and cage bars at the end of the night when I change out the cage liners instead of it getting hard and having to try and get it all off on cage cleaning days. I saw these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Mira...s=bird+cage+wipes&qid=1603854517&s=hpc&sr=1-1
But I wanted to get some opinions before I go ahead and purchase them. Has anyone used the Natures Miracle wipes, and are they safe? And if not, is there a different brand of bird safe wipes I could use?

Thank you!!

Maggiebird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sally
I wouldn’t use anything your not 100% sure is safe. instead of wipes (mainly because I don’t know anything about them)I use a mixture of Vinegar, lemon, and water which is the only cleaning solution I use mainly because I know it’s safe.

Last edited:

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
I usually use a sponge with low chemical hand soap to scrub the bars, then wash it off with wet cloths and water well to make sure it's full cleaned and no residue is left behind.

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
Thanks for the replies! I do use other cleaning solutions like f10, I was just hoping to find something easy to pull out and wipe the cages off each night, so that they aren't as big of a mess in between "deep cleanings" I take everything out of the cages at the end of each week and spray everything off with water and use either vinegar and water, or f10. But I don't want to risk using wipes in between cleanings if that could possibly be harmful.

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The Nature's Miracle Bird Wipes are fine.

Poop Off also makes a bird safe wipe

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
The Nature's Miracle Bird Wipes are fine.

Poop Off also makes a bird safe wipe
Thank you! I had just read so much conflicting information in reviews etc. so I wanted to be sure they were safe before I tried any.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I wipe out the cages before bed with a small spray bottle of water with a tsp of fairy (pure & clean) mixed in, and a cloth.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yep, I use those when I have someone coming in to take care of the boys when I travel. It makes life easier for them, and it's safe for the boys :)

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
I do use those wipes you linked and have never had any problems. I actually suggest it. They also have a spray that is more eco-friendly if you want.

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
Okay, thanks again for everyone's replies! I guess I'll be trying out the Natures Miracle wipes.