• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage bars?

Empire

Moving in
Hello! I'm thinking on getting a bigger cage for my GCC. The thing is, why some of the cages labeled for birds have horizontal (or mixed) bars?

It's always seen in large, expensive cages meant for big parrots the bars are placed vertically.

Maybe it's not so relevant. I just would like to know if horizontal bars are that suitable. They seem to be more comfortable for rodents to climb.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My King's and Avian Adventures cages have vertical in the front and back, and horizontal on the sides ;)

My birds have never had issues with either.

Empire

Moving in
My King's and Avian Adventures cages have vertical in the front and back, and horizontal on the sides ;)

My birds have never had issues with either.
Oh, that's great! I'm glad both works

Thanks a lot for the fast reply :)

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
hello

I have a large double height vision cage which has horizontal bars all the way around and I really like it. Makes it easy for Bailey to climb around, is a breeze to hand perches or toys off the side. have had both types of bars in a cage and find the horizontal ones easier for the bird to get around...:)

Empire

Moving in
hello

I have a large double height vision cage which has horizontal bars all the way around and I really like it. Makes it easy for Bailey to climb around, is a breeze to hand perches or toys off the side. have had both types of bars in a cage and find the horizontal ones easier for the bird to get around...:)
Oooh, I never thought about hanging toys to the sides like that, but yes, looks pretty useful!! I'm glad they are not a problem for them to climb, thank you so much!