• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

CAG travel cage advice?

Doctress

Strolling the yard
I'm currently using a Top Wing brand 22" H x 15" L x 15" W cage with a very large drawbridge door for Taco the Amazon, which has worked well for decades. I've been looking for the same type for the CAG, but apparently they aren't made anymore. I ordered a 24" H cage on eBay; the description is wrong, materials are poorly made.

Any suggestions? Our fluffy grey friend is not a fan of carriers (my Severe macaw loved her cat carrier- used to hang out in there during the day). Anyone want to donate their awesome old Top Wing cage? (wishful thinking!)

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I use this HQ carrier cage for my CAG:

Bird Carrier Cage

I’m pretty sure I have the smaller version and not the 24-inch long version, bc I have two identical carriers — one for my CAG and one for my departed Meyer’s.

It’s a good carrier and a good size. The bottom grate is unremovable, but it’s easy enough to scrub it out under a hose or running water.

My CAG refuses to use carriers made for cats or small dogs.

I like the Pak-o-bird as a carrier, too, but avoid using it for trips to the vet because I don’t want my CAG to have negative associations with it.