• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Caesar Milan/Marlene Mc'Cohen

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I REALLY like Marlene's old videos but not her newer bloggy like videos that more are fan feeding. I used to like her informational videos and still rewatch them from time to time. But I could NOT get behind this video in the slightest, just made me feel weird and I barely ever agree with Milan.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
but I feel that I need to spend my time productively:)
Oh, nice. Passive-aggressive much? Avian avenue is a waste of time? Your defense of Marlene sure was. Adios.
It's disappointing that she lacks the personal integrity to admit her mistake, rather than hide it. Hopefully, you're cut from better cloth.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie

Maggiebird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sally
Caroline is way worse than Marlene. She drives me crazy. She has videos up that tell people not to take their birds to the vet because vets kill them. She also makes a lot of "clickbait" about people stealing her macaw.
I totally agree! She annoys me super badly. She honestly is very careless with her birds.

BirbDex

Strolling the yard
As a large bird owner, I search Youtube often looking for thoughtful content made by someone with large birds. I've had birds for decades so I'm looking for info beyond beginner. I have yet to find it. I have found several reptile channels/youtubers I enjoy, even though I don't own reptiles. Marlene's channel is clickbait and entertainment, not quality psittacine info.

I had no idea members of this forum hated YouTubers so much.
This is a generalization. We can be reactive here, as you say, because most of us genuinely love parrots and are protective of them. When we perceive an impropriety towards parrots, we don't let it go.

Her parrot food is a blend of Tops pellets and healthier seeds and grains. What’s wrong with that?
Nothing at all. She's making a buck off her notoriety. I would, too, if TOPs asked me. I wouldn't have put that many grains in a diet designed for most pet parrots, which are sedentary compared to their wild cousins, but that's just me.

Marlene is in no way a hoarder. All of her parrots are rescues except for one.
Hoarding has nothing to do with rescue. It's having too many animals, more than you can care for. You could rescue a bird and be a hoarder. I'm not saying she is; I don't even know how many birds she has.

I have 2 problems with her. One, she "freed" an Amazon that was CLEARLY not feral. I notice you didn't address that point. Second, if you peruse the products she recommends as an Amazon influencer, they're not all great products for parrots. Other than those, I have no problem with her.
12 -13 birds is your answer she seens to notice itd a problem and trys to stop but it keeps going up. Idk, how old this is hopefully i wont get into trouble. But i wanted answer, and cause im wondering stuff myself so i went looking.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Never watched any of those except for Marlene. I subscribed to her channel once, but now I really don't care about her updated videos. It's just too much"fluff". You know that term when writing something? I know some better YouTubers who are very informative, which is what I look for in a YouTube channel. Really ANY other animal and birds shouldn't be allowed to be together. I'm a little confused on the no cages thing?? Deos that mean never let your bird in a cage? Or let your bird out every day??