• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Caesar Milan/Marlene Mc'Cohen

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The Amazon release video that is on there now with all the new information (thinned beak, berries residue, etc) is dated October 15, 2019 as lost footage, and does have some footage that I don't remember seeing previously. So it is not the same video that was Available back in August 2018.

Elle&birds

Moving in
Oof. I really hope Marlene didn’t lie to her viewers. I really couldn’t believe that she actually would... being genuine is very important to her (that’s what she tells me). I’m shook.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
No its not the same video at all. I watched that other one so many times that it's etched in my brain. This one is way different.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
The Amazon release video that is on there now with all the new information (thinned beak, berries residue, etc) is dated October 15, 2019 as lost footage, and does have some footage that I don't remember seeing previously. So it is not the same video that was Available back in August 2018.
True. The original video had more of Caroline from the start boosting how she was releasing this bird, a lot of nonsensical talk ( she's a very animated person )was quite a bit to bear, it did seem this bird was not a wild bird at all. It's hard to remember it all. From watching the new video, it's not totally apparent to me this is a wild bird while being treated wiping blood ( I couldn't see blood) with a q-tip, or how quiet sitting in the cage- which by the way... ONLY has a single dowel perch. I don't buy the shape of the beak nor to I believe the nares would be black from eating pyracantha berries. Did I actually see her kiss this bird on the beak early in the video ( uh, yes... I did), it did fly in her home from one cage to another ( I think that was a macaw in the first cage)... and I'm wondering... if this is a wild bird you're exposing your birds in your home not knowing if it carries any disease? What.. was the purpose, if any in the new video for Caroline to have the same species of bird in a harness along for the ride? It's all very fishy.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oof. I really hope Marlene didn’t lie to her viewers. I really couldn’t believe that she actually would... being genuine is very important to her (that’s what she tells me). I’m shook.
There are just too many of us who watched that original video. I will apologize for the snarky comment on her voice, I am not a big fan of dramatizations for viewers or walk and talk videos.... they're very distracting. The new video is cut and pasted together unlike the original video.

Elle&birds

Moving in
There are just too many of us who watched that original video. I will apologize for the snarky comment on her voice, I am not a big fan of dramatizations for viewers or walk and talk videos.... they're very distracting. The new video is cut and pasted together unlike the original video.
Thanks for apologizing. Makes sense that you just don’t like vlogs in general, everyone has opinions. What do you mean by ‘cut and pasted together’? All YouTube videos are edited. Nobody would just post straight footage without editing some parts out, etc. True, I haven’t seen the original video. It was one of the only videos I didn’t see from her.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Thanks for apologizing. Makes sense that you just don’t like vlogs in general, everyone has opinions. What do you mean by ‘cut and pasted together’? All YouTube videos are edited. Nobody would just post straight footage without editing some parts out, etc. True, I haven’t seen the original video. It was one of the only videos I didn’t see from her.
Sorry mine are not edited one darn bit. What you see is what is happening. I don't have the editing program on my phone and the one on my computer is such PITA I refuse to use it. Besides that my current phone is not compatible with computer. And no internet on my computer right now either. So that is broad statement that doesn't float the boat for everyone.... just saying......

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The original video had less back and forth to it. It was more "single take" than the one up now

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
It's also worth noting that youtube now has an editor in the website- it's very basic and I'm not 100% how much it can do, but I believe it has the ability to cut parts of the video. So the video can stay up, while editing out content (so the views aren't lost).

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I also think it very suspicious that this lost footage took over year before it surfaced to the light of day. Hmmmm, that plenty of time for the heat to cool off from CA/DNR for releasing a invasive species.

Elle&birds

Moving in
Well Marlene’s, mine, and anyone who is serious about their channel the videos are always edited. Otherwise the videos would literally be hours long, lol. It takes hours to edit videos most of the time and we put a lot of effort into them to make them look professional. YouTube lets you put in end screens and cards, but it doesn’t let you cut out footage.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I'm not saying people who edit videos are bad, lord knows I watch plenty of youtube channels who edit their videos. I have the editing capabilities of a snail, thus I don't upload.

This article from Buisness Insider tells how to cut out clips with the built-in editor, this article was published in August 2019.

A beginner's guide to YouTube Studio, YouTube's built-in video editor, which offers basic editing for free

There's also this from Youtube itself, not all channels have access to the feature yet. I don't have it yet but she might, I don't know.

Transition to YouTube Studio - YouTube Help

Elle&birds

Moving in
I also think it very suspicious that this lost footage took over year before it surfaced to the light of day. Hmmmm, that plenty of time for the heat to cool off from CA/DNR for releasing a invasive species.
That article states that the parrots are “introduced”, not invasive, because they don’t threaten the native birds. Other articles I’ve read say the same thing. Marlene made a video on it too. I don’t actually live in California so I don’t know, but I’ve never seen anything that says they’re invasive.

Elle&birds

Moving in
I'm not saying people who edit videos are bad, lord knows I watch plenty of youtube channels who edit their videos. I have the editing capabilities of a snail, thus I don't upload.

This article from Buisness Insider tells how to cut out clips with the built-in editor, this article was published in August 2019.

A beginner's guide to YouTube Studio, YouTube's built-in video editor, which offers basic editing for free

There's also this from Youtube itself, not all channels have access to the feature yet. I don't have it yet but she might, I don't know.

Transition to YouTube Studio - YouTube Help
I don’t have it yet either. Even so I would never use it, you can’t really do much with it. And it would mess up the timing of the music, etc if you just cut out a random portion and not add a transition. Marlene actually has an editor working for her who uses a professional editing software. That video was uploaded a few months ago so there’s no way Marlene’s channel had access to the new feature.

Elle&birds

Moving in
Tbh I think I should just stop replying to this thread and just focus on creating more content for my channel. I’m good with sticking to being on Youtube and trusting my fellow parrot content creators, forums like these are nice and I’ve learned a lot from them but I feel that I need to spend my time productively:)

btw is there anyway I can delete my replies on this thread?

Last edited:

Ulis_Beast

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
What I do know is that Marlene is a very nice person
I'm a very nice person too.
And I can drive a car. I know how to stop, turn left AND right, I can read the traffic signs, know how to fill a tank, change oil even!
BUT I don't go running round making videos on road safety and/or fixing broken engines!

My point is Marlene isn't a certified animal trainer, but people take her for a messiah on parrot training.
Even the media proclaims her to be a parrot expert. I have a problem with that.
..and then later on in the vid there's this clipped AG they use as bait... And all the screaming and drama in this so called rescue mission.. The AG in the shaft is probably terrified as is.. people shoud've been much calmer.

I love that she wants to be an advocate for good practices in parrot keeping, but she is not well versed enough on the matter to give lectures to others.

Oh and btw @Elle&birds where I come from, it is my constitutional right to not like someones voice and make jokes about it.

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh my she is awfully rude and disrespectful to her hubby in the start of this video......is she always like that to him?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, please try to be respectful not only to the members here, but to others who are not here to give their side. I appreciate the fact that people can become quite upset when it comes to the treatment of animals, however please try to restrain from posts that only serve to insult people.