• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Caesar Milan/Marlene Mc'Cohen

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Caroline is way worse than Marlene. She drives me crazy. She has videos up that tell people not to take their birds to the vet because vets kill them. She also makes a lot of "clickbait" about people stealing her macaw.

Tell me I'm not imagining a video where Caroline also releases an amazon. I remember watching a specific video a long time ago, pretty sure she was the one, stupidly dramatic.... but I think that's how these people maintain viewers.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Tell me I'm not imagining a video where Caroline also releases an amazon. I remember watching a specific video a long time ago, pretty sure she was the one, stupidly dramatic.... but I think that's how these people maintain viewers.
You are not imagining it. Marlene and her did it together and released videos on each of their channels. When they got a bunch of flack about it, and realized that it could be illegal, they both took them down.

Ulis_Beast

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
This was the only video I found on a quick search. But I seem to remember a different video with the lady in the green shirt releasing an amazon as you all have mentioned. I don't follow any youtubers. Rarely look at youtube. I'll try not to be critical of her annoying voice. :embarassed:

I noped out at 34s. ( 'cos of the voice) :lol:

When I was initially researching parrots I inevetably came across her channel too.
She talks a LOT... says very little.
She lost me when one time she had one of her birds perched on her shoulder, it backed up, she asked wanna go potty, cutscene, and then rambled on for 10 minutes saying people keep asking her how is it she is in tune with her birds so much...
To me any halfwit that takes the time to observe his pet could read atleast when the bird is about to go poo.
Then there I knew I want so much more, that she can't provide. Not a fan of clipping either, which she advocates.
Like Marlene, Cesar in the OPs vid talks a lot.. says nothing. Not a single training tip was given. Not one that anyone could follow. Just a bunch of philosophies. Not that I'd follow his advice anyway.
I disagree with his training methods.

At one time it seemed to me that the toos personal space was severly invaded by the dog, he just tolerated it in the absence of choice.

They both might get away with their predator/prey interactions for years to come.. or probably not.

Personal opinion anyway.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
You are not imagining it. Marlene and her did it together and released videos on each of their channels. When they got a bunch of flack about it, and realized that it could be illegal, they both took them down.
When I found the video I attached and there's a blip about the "lost files"... I was thinking it could be doctored and replacing the old video. But... you KNOW the old video is floating around out there somewhere....

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
After those ding-bats released that zon, I contacted California. Dept natural resources tip line for releasing invasive species into California skies. Both videos were still on YT.While I was on the phone with CADNR, they watched Marlene's. Needless to say they were gobsmacked at her stupidity. I believe they visited her and SO within hours because both her and Caroline's videos disappeared

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Them videos are still up though I am pretty sure @rocky'smom, my son was commenting just yesterday (after briefly watching bits and skipping through most of the rubbish) about how she refers to them as an introduced species in her videos and so do all her followers in the comment section but when he googled it they were described as invasive species. I find it sad that so many people do not like to think for themselves and if they see something that is nicely packaged and keeps them amused they are sold on it being right and I believe this is how she gets most of her followers........lazy people who want information dropped in their laps- right, wrong or otherwise and they like to think everything they like and do is cute and bubbly.....ugh! I honestly find it sad that so many people find her amusing but get confused about this amusement factor and take it as informative education. :depressed:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
The playlist is still there but the release was deleted and recently the “lost footage” was posted...

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I can´t stand her. Only watched 2 or 3 vids but yikes! She´s in way over her head with her own birds, endangering them constantly and gives out the crappest advice ever to her viewers.
It goes against Marlene that she is associated with Carolin. I´ve seen them together on Marlenes channel, and to me it says she condones what carolin is doing.
That's because collabs attract viewers

Elle&birds

Moving in
Lol. Calling her annoying or stupid, or criticizing her voice has nothing to do with parrots. But again, having criticism is all part of being on the internet. Well, she doesn’t support clipping. Blue (the ringneck) came to her clipped. All of her birds are fully flighted and she even has a video explaining her views on clipping vs. flight. I’m pro flight too. I’m not saying she’s perfect — the reason she released the Amazon was because her friend (who apparently has many years of parrot experience) could tell somehow by the shape of the beak and color of the nostrils. She did post the bird on Parrot 911 too. I have no idea whether that amazon was wild or not. I’ve also talked to Marlene on the subject of Carolin von Petzholdt. I don’t like Carolin either. I can’t really go into detail because it was a private conversation.
Blue the ringneck (previously called Isis) is now happily flighted and follows Marlene around the house. However, I’d have to agree I wasn’t a fan of what she said in the beginning of the taming video either. But all of her birds are extremely well socialized and trusting — I, a stranger to them, wouldn’t have been able to hold them if they weren’t. I even held Vinny. My videos with her are up on Marlene’s channel and mine. Make your own opinions about me lol, I don’t care. I’d actually be happy for opinions on my channel, they could help improve it.

Elle&birds

Moving in
Ok after rewatching the video, she said most of the time parrots COME to a new home clipped, which is true. And what she meant in the beginning was not “even if the bird doesn’t want to”, it was “even if the bird doesn’t love me”. Meaning the rewards of being outside the cage are greater than the bird’s fear of stepping up. I know Marlene well and I know that including birds as part of the family is very important to her. She’s not really a trainer in the formal sense, I do think she should’ve used target training to get Blue out of the cage initially.

Last edited:

Elle&birds

Moving in
The videos were never deleted... Carolin’s video is still there too.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The videos were never deleted... Carolin’s video is still there too.
They were at one point for sure deleted as we had a thread about it here on the avenue and all the links suddenly were broken.

Elle&birds

Moving in
They were at one point for sure deleted as we had a thread about it here on the avenue and all the links suddenly were broken.
Where is the thread? I’d really like proof, since that’d mean that Marlene is lying that the footage was lost... and that there actually were troubles with the California Department of natural resources. I’m pretty shocked but couldn’t find the thread. I almost don’t want to know.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
@Elle&birds, you want to a follower of Marlene thats fine. But you will not change my opinion of her. I'm fellow YouTuber also, but my channel is very tiny. I noticed that you have done colabs with Marlene, so you believe like so many others that she walks on water. That your opinion and that's just dandy but most likely you will not change most of our opinions of her here. IMHO, her knowledge of parrots is lacking in so many ways, she does things that show her lack of knowledge in almost every videos Mixing old world parrots with new world parrots is asking for huge lung and air sack problems from jump. Every time I have watched her video I cringe internally. There are so many other things that I see her doing that put huge RED FLAGS FLYING.
So my best advice to you is please do not come here singing her praises. You can have your opinion but we will not agree with you on Marlene.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Where is the thread? I’d really like proof, since that’d mean that Marlene is lying that the footage was lost... and that there actually were troubles with the California Department of natural resources. I’m pretty shocked but couldn’t find the thread. I almost don’t want to know.
I believe the thread was deleted as well as I cannot find it either.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
On August 14th, 2018, at 9:15pm, I messaged a friend of mine about the Marlene video.

At 11:35pm, I remarked that the thread was gone.

I don't know why, but that's the info I have lol

Elle&birds

Moving in
@rocky'smom yep. I guess who am I lol. What I do know is that Marlene is a very nice person and although I don’t agree with her on everything, she has supported me a ton. So I support her as a fellow YouTuber. If you’ve seen my channel you know how my parrots are living and I care about them more than anything.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
That thread was removed 8/14/18, for unknown reasons.