• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

CABN Sola order

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
My guys are Sola freaks, I've ordered from CABN before but first time for sola. I ordered :

1. Sola sticks 3 inch
  2. Sola balls
  3. Zig Zag Sola Wafers
I put in storage but these 2 skewers represent what I got.
IMG_20200104_1824335.jpg
Bubble going to town:
IMG_20200104_1830262.jpg
IMG_20200104_1829406.jpg
Should have named him Buttle as he won't share with Qwackers.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gigi loves sola wood! Being able to destroy them makes her think she's a big bird! Superbird Creations make some great sola toys!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a nice haul! Buddy loves the Yucca from there. Even tho he's a Medium fid, he likes a nice combo of softer & harder woods. I may have to start buying Balsa in bulk orders because he whips right thru that too! We :heart::heart::heart: CABN@home!!!!

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I am currently out of yucca. Problems with my supplier. Not sure when this will be resolved. I do have some bird kabobs which are made from yucca.

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm looking at the picture again, Qwackers is focused on the keys at the bottom of the BBT skewer. He's obsessed banging the keys together.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I built the swing last night, finally! Looks like he's afraid to sit on it but I figured. Here he is (right now) doing cage gymnastics. 100 % CABN parts. I was going to dye the perch part but then he may be chewing on the dowel... Not sure. I know you can't tell well from the grainy pics I took but his right foot is up around where his head is. I wanted to get it zoomed in as much as I could hence, the grainy.

20200112_123534.jpg

20200112_123538.jpg

20200112_123542.jpg

:gbh: Miss Ann! I'm so happy he's taking all the warm weather hormones out on it! Shawna's snowflake is almost wiped out. He finally figured out to chew her lovely cage art!

20200112_083318.jpg

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My conure's absolute favorites are the notched pine slices from CABN! And the stars, he is a good wood chipper. I keep sola as a Special Treat since they tear right through it.

@Dona, does Gigi like balsa at all? Or mahogany? My boys love balsa but haven't tried mahogany yet, although I know they'll like it because it's soft!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Dona, does Gigi like balsa at all? Or mahogany? My boys love balsa but haven't tried mahogany yet, although I know they'll like it because it's soft!
Gigi has a big balsa toy on her play gym that she chips away at here and there. But she works on her sola toys everyday after dinner. :) They have bird safe colors and yesterday Gigi's first huge poop was teal.
We haven't tried mahogany.