• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

CABirdnerds; Kudos!

SherLar

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sherri and Larry
We received our first order from CABirdnerds today, only 2 days after ordering.
It wasn't much; 2 spools of hemp cord of different sizes, and a single nickle-plated bell mistakenly ordered, but the quality of the hemp cord far surpasses anything that I've been able to find locally, and it smelled like cut hay, so was obviously unpolished.
After only a single order, I'll recommend them to anyone, and will be sure to become a repeat customer.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, after my explosion order/post. Be one of the first places I think of to order toy parts. Buddy is in super :heart: w/ the notched wood. I used mine on an annihilated hanging toy I made. Pics to come he's just not quite done yet. Plus he likes them plain as little footies.

Service was fast especially since I ordered as much as I could to be dyed.

Yoshi&Raphi

Real Name
Raphi
Argh! I wish I could order from California Bird Needs but the shipping would probably be super expensive :crycry::sad7::sad6:

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
Argh! I wish I could order from California Bird Needs but the shipping would probably be super expensive :crycry::sad7::sad6:
It just depends on the order size. The website overestimates the shipping charges and excess shipping charges are refunded back to you. Unfortunately, it is the Post Office which just sucks.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I place orders with CBN quite a bit and the shipping is extremely reasonable. The USPS boxes that are one price no matter the weight are perfect! I go thru a lot of wood parts!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Unfortunately, International Orders are a lot different.
Rats! I forgot about all the paperwork and red tape involved. Sure would be better if the powers that be did away with all that and made prices more reasonable for small businesses.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Rats! I forgot about all the paperwork and red tape involved. Sure would be better if the powers that be did away with all that and made prices more reasonable for small businesses.
I agree! I try to invest in a small business whenever I can. They're a dying breed in the US. I used to work in a large corporation. The money they make goes straight in their pockets. If its a toss up between the 2 & the cost is about the same, my $ goes to that smaller business, not the Amazon or Walmart. If everyone did this, I personally think these smaller businesses would do better.

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
If everyone did this, I personally think these smaller businesses would do better.
So true! It saddens me that big corporations are so money-hungry while forgetting about the basics: relationships with customers matter and money alone is not going to make the world a better place.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So true! It saddens me that big corporations are so money-hungry while forgetting about the basics: relationships with customers matter and money alone is not going to make the world a better place.
:heart: