• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

CA Bird Nerds Sidewalk Sale Information

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Please post any California Bird Nerds Sidewalk Sale Questions here. Sidewalk orders are already shipping.
cabn2021spring.png

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I already got a shipping notice not even 15 minutes after doing my order. You're amazing!

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I already got a shipping notice not even 15 minutes after doing my order. You're amazing!
Your order was a simple one that did not involve any toy making or coloring of items. As you know some orders take a lot longer to process.

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Am I allowed to combine the sws code with the raffle I won?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Your order was a simple one that did not involve any toy making or coloring of items. As you know some orders take a lot longer to process.
This does not mean I am less impressed lol

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Package delivered today. Thanks Ann.
Also hope you are feeling better!
Thank you. They are now trying steroids to see if that will help. Go back at the end of the month for a follow up.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you. They are now trying steroids to see if that will help. Go back at the end of the month for a follow up.
Are the steroids helping? I hope so!

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Are the steroids helping? I hope so!
Because of the way they need to be taken I didnt start them till yesterday morning. It is really confusing. I had to attach a note to the bottle to mark off as I take them. They also have to be taken at the same time each day and 12 hours apart.
days 1-4 take 4 pills 2x a day
day 5 take 3 pills 2x a day
day 6 take 2 pills 2x a day
day 7-8 1 pill 2x a day
I have only had 3 does so I havent noticed too much of a difference.
Thank you so much for asking.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Hope you feel better. Reading up on Vertigo. sometimes its loose crystals that move in the ear or could be a virus. Anything from low blood pressure to medication reactions. I was wondering if it was from the covid shot 2 weeks ago but I had it happen last July for a few days then it went away. I feel nauseous/ dizzy sometimes but I shake it off as lack of sleep or whatever. Felt nauseous /dizzy riding home on the bus in Australia. Was hoping I was not sick & just shook it off as riding up mountains & altitude ear changes.
Then it happened this weekend & was not fun to see the room spin around me when I turned in bed so have been very worried hoping it does not come too often. So researching a bit & saw that Epley exercise where you lower your head to try to get the crystals to go back in place. Scary to have this happen as you have to be careful I imagine if you drive or doing things.

:(
Now when Penny goes off on her loud call it it so maddening.
Can be age related or a tumor. So many things I think of & it stresses me out.
So many things affect quality of life. I've lost my peace & my existence is such a challenge. Just so hard to live & take care of myself & the birds. Thinking maybe another home will be needed or better than what I can offer. :unsure1:

Hope they figure out what's happening in your case & can manage it.:sadhug2:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
It sounds like you are on Prednisone? If so usually about 3rd or 4th day you would see improvement if it is going to help you.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Hope you feel better. Reading up on Vertigo. sometimes its loose crystals that move in the ear or could be a virus. Anything from low blood pressure to medication reactions. I was wondering if it was from the covid shot 2 weeks ago but I had it happen last July for a few days then it went away. I feel nauseous/ dizzy sometimes but I shake it off as lack of sleep or whatever. Felt nauseous /dizzy riding home on the bus in Australia. Was hoping I was not sick & just shook it off as riding up mountains & altitude ear changes.
Then it happened this weekend & was not fun to see the room spin around me when I turned in bed so have been very worried hoping it does not come too often. So researching a bit & saw that Epley exercise where you lower your head to try to get the crystals to go back in place. Scary to have this happen as you have to be careful I imagine if you drive or doing things.

:(
Now when Penny goes off on her loud call it it so maddening.
Can be age related or a tumor. So many things I think of & it stresses me out.
So many things affect quality of life. I've lost my peace & my existence is such a challenge. Just so hard to live & take care of myself & the birds. Thinking maybe another home will be needed or better than what I can offer. :unsure1:

Hope they figure out what's happening in your case & can manage it.:sadhug2:

It just plain sucks. I havent been able to pop my ears in 2 months. My Eustachian tubes are closed.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Still sending healing thoughts!!! But it sounds like I'm not thinking hard enough. :(

I really hope that the steroidal pk helps, sometimes it takes the whole pk, before they start wking.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Still sending healing thoughts!!! But it sounds like I'm not thinking hard enough. :(

I really hope that the steroidal pk helps, sometimes it takes the whole pk, before they start wking.
They were feeling so much better and then I got up this morning and they were bad again. So keeping my fingers crossed it will be better soon.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have you seen an ENT about ur vertigo? I hope you feel better soon!

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes my eustachian tubes are closed so my ears wont pop. That is who put me on the steroids.
Where are you on your course of steroids, if you don’t mind me asking? Since you were getting relief, and now it’s waning, have you started to taper down?