• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

bye bye ume

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am very sorry to hear of your loss :sorrow:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
So very sorry to hear this. :sorrow::sad14:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry for your loss.

winniezon

Jogging around the block
we buried her and her grave looked very nice. i had always wanted to take her on a bike ride so i carried her in a box and rode y bike .she is next to haru her brother now and my lovebird kiwi

winniezon

Jogging around the block
do you think it was fatty liver disease she only had fruit which we didnt know was bad which maybe led to diabetes? she had stains on her head and i watched a video that a bird had the same marks and it was vomit

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Was this the baby you were feeding mashed fruit to? I'm sorry to say this, but I suspect she died of malnutrition or starvation. Fruit contains a lot of water, sugars and some vitamins and minerals. It doesn't contain the right proteins, good fats or carbohydrates that a bird - especially a growing bird - needs to survive. This is why it's very very important that a baby bird is fed a formula diet until it weans itself and starts eating a balanced adult diet.

winniezon

Jogging around the block
yes but we had run out and could only find expired formula. we will be prepared in the future. ume did have a very good last day she spent it eating and climbing papaya and watermellon, she was not alone for a minute

Pockets

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I feel so sorry that these birds are gone.
From the sound of it, the birds were malnourished and starved. A very sad way to go.
If you decide to have birds as pets in the future, please do tons of research and make good decisions for your animals.

winniezon

Jogging around the block
i did do lots of research but ran out of food. ume and haru went peacefully and had a wonderful last day. i just need to be prepared in the future