• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Buying Birds Online

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I took your recommendation and put a deposit down on an African Grey yesterday. JC was very cool to work with! Im excited And yes he works through paypal and requires phone calls and no text requests
Joe is the best! Good luck, I'm excited for you!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Never buy anything online that you can not do a chargeback for if you do not personally know and trust the person. This goes triple if that is the only form of payment a person accepts. I frequently suggest bank transfer transaction so that I do not have to pay fees but I always offer other options. If a person offers no other option then I would tell them that you know they are not a scammer but you just can not risk it so you always pay for these types of transaction with paypal or your credit card. You can offer to cover the fees. You have to protest yourself.

It is the sellers responsibility to document things to protect themselves from charge backs.

thachbird

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Thach Nguyen
I'm interested in getting an African grey. How much would be correct price for one? I called my local pet store and they told they will have a baby ready to take home soon and wanted a deposit for $6000.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm interested in getting an African grey. How much would be correct price for one? I called my local pet store and they told they will have a baby ready to take home soon and wanted a deposit for $6000.
The correct price is really how much you are willing to pay. Greys are very popular and in high demand. Prices are super high right now for all birds I think. Used to be you could get a Sun Conure at a pet shop for $400 to $600, now they are going for $1200 to $1500 some places.

I would not be surprised to see price tags up to $8500 at a pet shop. From a breeder you might be able to get one as low as $5k right now. A few years ago they were about $3k.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I see prices for AG going up and up. Here is the price list from Jean Patterson, a top bfeeder of African birds.

When i bought a TAG from her i paid $900. Times have changed!

Last edited: