• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Butterflies

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Thank you for posting these; I needed them today. :smileflower:

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
Wow! Gorgeous! :heart:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
My buddy is just like you camera wise. He loves Nikon cameras and has a lot of pro level cameras and lenses. His photos always look great and he too has sold a few here and there. He builds networks and computers for a living and is good at it. Photography is just a passionate hobby for him and he makes enough money to be able to buy gear when he wants to.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Theres butterflies from Hades here in the valley Dan..must be from the weather...I counted 81..that I could see..driving home from work..about 20 miles. Most are yellow or white..with the occasional brownish ones..they're all flying south..

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
I am normally NOT a negative speaking person .... but this is OUR experience:

Being a photographer is a difficult business... Every Joe Blow thinks they are a professional when they pull out their phone and snap a shot.
We have seen SO MANY BAD photos [even engagement or wedding photos printed in our local paper], by people who are so un-knowledgeable, they don't even know they're bad!

My husband is certainly more capable than I am, and I could brag on him, but I won't. [but I did take one of 'him taking a picture' --- really like that one].

A professional photographer advised us: the only way to survive in the business... was to do weddings, etc. While I agree that as the sole income.... it is VERY difficult. But as a secondary or hobby income--- the world is an open book! So many avenues!
Greeting cards; photos of peoples houses [interior and exterior] when they're for sale; funeral parlors use a stock photo for their handouts-- some people will want a specialized one; and I'm sure there's more-- just let your imagination fly! [I really AM just trying to encourage!!! ].