• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Burt’s been practising

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Every day usually around our dinner time Burt practices talking.
Omg he says so many things but not all of the words are easy to understand and some are totally impossible to understand.
The past few days he’s really focussed on practising two particular phrases which became very very clear yesterday..... he now says to me “wanna give me a kiss?” and also “can I get a kiss” and the funniest part is that he seems to use them the must when he’s caught doing something he shouldn’t be doing!
Birds are bigger manipulators than children :rofl:

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Hmm, where did he learn that from? ;)

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hmm, where did he learn that from? ;)
The words he certainly got from me but I am still trying to work out where he learned that the best time to use them is when he is stealing things or breaking things and gets caught out :roflmao:
I would blame the TV but we haven't had one plugged in for about a year now! lol

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Seems birds like to say the kiss word. Could that be because us humans say it to them every day?
I reckon he would be asked be me at least three hundred times a day if he wants a kiss :D
My favorite bit is that he says it with a bit of a lisp and his voice with these phrases sounds like when you talk pinching your nose- very nasally sounding :heart:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Before you know it, Burt's going to be tattling on himself in great detail. :lol: "Ma, I found the treats you tried to hide again!" or "Where'd you put those arrowroot biccies at?"

Rupert has been randomly spouting off fragmented words, too. I can't quite discern most of them. There's one that sounds like "whirr" and he kinda poses it as a question. Another one is "Roo - errrrrr", which may be him trying to say his name? He likes to bark a lot more nowadays.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Burt is gonna get me in trouble if he does start speaking clearly and manages to master as many words as he is actually trying..... I talk absolute total garbage to myself all day long (just like a crazy person lol) about what I am doing or thinking so god only knows what the poor boy has heard!!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Buzzard usually practices in the late morning, mostly sounds though. His voice warms my heart and makes me giddy every time. I can only imagine how you must glow when you hear Burt asking for a kiss. :xflove: Even if he is getting into trouble while he's doing it. :laugh:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Buzzard usually practices in the late morning, mostly sounds though. His voice warms my heart and makes me giddy every time. I can only imagine how you must glow when you hear Burt asking for a kiss. :xflove: Even if he is getting into trouble while he's doing it. :laugh:
Burt makes an array of ridiculously funny sounds too:lol: In my mad daily chattering to myself I make lots of rude and childish noises which he has happily picked up and also built onto to make his own signature sounds :roflmao:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awww how adorable! :cloud9:

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awwwwwww, Bert! I have so much fun listening to our flock at ”Good night” time with “I love you”...followed with the kiss kiss sounds. :heart: I then sleep well.:sleep:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
The smiles never end when you hear them talking. Though, when I'm talking they usually sit and listen intently. I haven't heard them sing "Yankee Doodle dandy" in a while, but then I haven't been singing it to them lately either. I always engage Lola in the morning with singing "Gooood Morning to youuuuu..." and she will almost always sing it back. Henry, meh... I open his door and walk away. He's just not a morning bird.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
The smiles never end when you hear them talking. Though, when I'm talking they usually sit and listen intently. I haven't heard them sing "Yankee Doodle dandy" in a while, but then I haven't been singing it to them lately either. I always engage Lola in the morning with singing "Gooood Morning to youuuuu..." and she will almost always sing it back. Henry, meh... I open his door and walk away. He's just not a morning bird.
Even birdy gibberish makes me smile! Rupert was very chatty today, lots of clicking and unintelligible noises that I tried my best to repeat back to him. That look of endearment they give you is really special.

I do wonder what on earth we're discussing, though. :think1:

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Practice sessions are the best!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Practice sessions are the best!
We love listening to Burt waffle away to himself about top secret bird stuff.
He often talks into his foot like it’s a telephone and every now and then it goes from being a phone to being the best head rubbing tool, then back to a phone. When his foot is a phone his chatter is more intense and serious, when its a head scritcher then he talks sweet and gentle with lots of kissy noises and I love You’s lol.

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
We love listening to Burt waffle away to himself about top secret bird stuff.
He often talks into his foot like it’s a telephone and every now and then it goes from being a phone to being the best head rubbing tool, then back to a phone. When his foot is a phone his chatter is more intense and serious, when its a head scritcher then he talks sweet and gentle with lots of kissy noises and I love You’s lol.
He has his own cellphone :rofl: !
That must be quite a thing to see/hear
Pics please