• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bunnies

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh, soooo cute!!

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Omg omg omg I could literally die from that fluffy foo foo cuteness :excited1:

Welcome to the Avenue Foo Foo, AKA Opal!:cheer:

Mama Kirs

Strolling the yard
Opal is soooo cute! I hope you guys will be very happy with her. I notice you've given her some nice comfortable blankets. I understand but you might want to take them away because it will make it more difficult to litter train her (because they prefer to pee on something soft and absorving) and also because a lot of bunnies will chew the fabric. Plus they really don't need a blanket (as long as they're not sick and need to be kept warm). A big pile of hay in the litter tray is nice and warm as well. And is her main source of food as well. Enjoy your little one!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Opal is perfect.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
So, she hasn't pooped yet. It's been less than 24 hours since she's been home, so I'm not sure if I should be worried yet. I've seen her munch some hay, and she's hopping around the room happily.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's adorable!

Mama Kirs

Strolling the yard
I wouldn't worry just yet. Stress of a new home has it's affect. She eats hay so that's good. After one day at the absolute latest I would expect to see droppings. Very tiny ones to begin with, and when Opal settles down more they'll be bigger. Should there be no dropping after 24hrs I would a vet to consult.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
JUST TOO SWEET!!!
:heart:

Yoshi&Raphi

Real Name
Raphi
This thread is very dangerous for me, I have always wanted a bunny and Opal is so darn cute!

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
This thread is very dangerous for me, I have always wanted a bunny and Opal is so darn cute!
She's great! Already mostly using her litter box too. My only struggle is catching her when it's time to go back upstairs. Bunnies don't like to be picked up, so I'm hoping to train her to follow me or go in a carrier.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
She pooped the cutest little coco puffs I've ever seen! :bliss: :lol:
She loves to explore Ellen's room and follow Ellen around. She's even done zoomies and binkies!
:rofl: Those coco puffs get bigger and more numerous. Do not buy coco puffs from store,
they can get mixed up!! Lol........
When I was younger I had a pair of angoras.
they were beautiful.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Good to hear she's doing so well! Perhaps you can lure her back in with her pellets. Mine walk around freely all day but come runnning to their cage when they hear i'm putting down their pellets. Or vegetables.
What's difficult is that her cage is upstairs, and I bring her downstairs to play with us for a few hours each day. My cat wants to eat her, so we have to take turns. I will try putting pellets in the carrier, that would be ideal. If I can get her in the carrier easily, it would make transport to the vet and things easier too.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
What's difficult is that her cage is upstairs, and I bring her downstairs to play with us for a few hours each day. My cat wants to eat her, so we have to take turns. I will try putting pellets in the carrier, that would be ideal. If I can get her in the carrier easily, it would make transport to the vet and things easier too.
So you think you're planning on free roaming!?

Wonderful!! I have Bear, my giant flemish and he free roams and LOVES it, his cage he goes to is actually just his own room :) if you ever need advice on switching over to free roaming (they can go up and down stairs) feel free to reach out to some of us!