• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bunch o' Budgies

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Aww man. Me sad now:sad9:
Sorry to make you sad! :bighug:
Seeing pictures of him hurts every time, but I am also so grateful to having nice photos of him.
At least the veggies won’t hatch?
Yeah. I just don't understand why she has been hormonal for so long. She does not sit in the bowl all the time but is often checking it out, I check it regularly for an egg. I've been tempted to give her dummy eggs to see if going through the whole process will help, but I also don't want to trigger egg laying.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Can someone explain to me how a budgie achieved this??
Used to be a spiral bead that I had put around a cage bar so Sunbeam could slide it up and down. Today I find it snapped with one half off the bar o_O
20230601_115700.jpg
This is what it used to be...
20230601_120328.jpg

zERo/

Walking the driveway
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can someone explain to me how a budgie achieved this??
Used to be a spiral bead that I had put around a cage bar so Sunbeam could slide it up and down. Today I find it snapped with one half off the bar o_O
View attachment 430083
This is what it used to be...
View attachment 430084
I’ve witnessed the work of their teeny beaks on plastic!
They removed the corners from my window blinds :lol:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I’ve witnessed the work of their teeny beaks on plastic!
They removed the corners from my window blinds :lol:
No one can convince me that budgies are not destructive :shifty:
Honestly though my best guess is she slammed it up and down enough times the plastic got weak and just broke.

JunoTheIRN

Sitting on the front steps
So, I had to finally admit today that Sunbeam just can't have 99% of bowls :bored:
For those wanting a recap, she has a bad habit of dumping/kicking food out of bowls and unhooking bowls to dropped them on the floor. Not a safe thing when your friend spends a lot of time on the cage floor. So a little while ago I bought lockable bowls to see if they worked, they work great... as a nest. Today was the second day I went to feed them and she was sitting in the bowl (like nesting sitting, not eating), I removed it and am hoping she doesn't lay an egg :fingerscrossed: Now she's just getting food in the veggie bowl in the picture above.
Budgies are so messy when it comes to food ;) I had budgies before and they would always rummage through the bowl, be it newly refilled or not, and scatter it everywhere!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I am just a tad confused. Flight cage currently has 3 budgies in, 2 girls 1 boy.
Atm one of my dogs is sleeping crated in the same room as the budgies. So this morning I go to put my dog outside, and out of the corner of my eye I see two budgies mating. I look up cause it's a bit strange that they were doing that with me around and when my short sighted eyes adjust I see Snowflake on top of Emelia :wideyed:. I know these two are girls and I thought Snow and Obsidian had bonded... :bored:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
A protest against the daily weigh ins I've been subjecting him to, he knew I couldn't reach him without a step ladder :cautious:
20230725_115816.jpg