• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bunch o' Budgies

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I desperately hope it is something simple.
But it's obvious one of his legs has gotten worse this last week despite medication :(

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I desperately hope it is something simple.
But it's obvious one of his legs has gotten worse this last week despite medication :(
Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this. Hopefully it's just a small hiccup in his recovery and the meds will kick in.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How was your sweet LJ’s appointment today?

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
How was your sweet LJ’s appointment today?
He has yet to be seen. The clinic is fully booked for the next few weeks so it was another squeeze in appointment. He'll stay the day and get seen whenever a vet has a spare moment. We also came very close to not getting into to town today due to water over roads.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Visit went well. He had developed a white lump on his leg that was pus the vet cleaned out. A positive was that she said his poos are looking better than they did last week. He's to continue his meds for the next 3-4 weeks, at this point he doesn't have another appointment but if I notice anything I will be contacting them. Sorry if this sounds abrupt and non-descriptive, I am really tired and need to go to bed.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Please do get some rest! I’m sorry this has been so stressful.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Thanks everyone for your kind comments :heart2:
I just want my special man all better, last evening when I put him into his cage he was struggling to perch, I am not sure whether it was because his leg hurt or was still a bit numb (before cleaning out the pus they sprayed his leg with something, which I assume was to numb it) he is better today, but he is so less active :(
I've ordered some special perches just for him that I hope will arrive this week.
I have a couple things for the others coming soon too. It was mostly an aviary supply order but I grabbed a few extras like sola balls. None of my birdies have ever tried sola before so that'll be interesting.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor little! I imagine I'd have a bit of a limp after someone spent time rooting around in my leg, too! I hope the medicine clears of the infection and the pain subsides soon. I hope you have a calm Wednesday!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I cleaned LJ's cage today... I left it partly set up so I can move someone if the whole sharing the flight doesn't work out. Currently everyone is getting along fine.

Looking through older photos made me realise I used to make some really pretty toys, but skewers have made me lazy. So I pulled out all my toy making supplies (or at least those I could find), found out I've been hording paper towel rolls and set to work making some nice fun toys.
20220918_115520.jpg
Beak grinding after a quick bath, while they wait for toys and breakfast :heart:
20220918_105549.jpg
20220918_115648.jpg
Swing Thingamabob
20220918_115854.jpg
Their first Sola toy
20220918_115759.jpg
One I've made before
20220918_115818.jpg
I while ago I accidently bought thick paper rope so this thing happen.
20220918_112226.jpg 20220918_115909.jpg
20220918_115924.jpg 20220918_115957.jpg
20220918_120010.jpg
I could've made more, but I didn't want to overcrowd the cage as they have leaves in there as well.
I "made" Quarter some too, but only foot toy type things cause I don't think I know how to make big bird toys yet (there's bits and pieces in those tubes for him)
20220918_115831.jpg

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That’s amazing, AB! I have toy making bits, too, and rarely get around to doing so. It looks like those fun toys were enjoyed!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
That’s amazing, AB! I have toy making bits, too, and rarely get around to doing so. It looks like those fun toys were enjoyed!
Thanks! I really quite enjoy making toys, but sometimes I am lost for ideas. Sola is definitely being added to the regularly buy list. Quarter seems to be enjoying it too, but his is still alive after 3 days :roflmao:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Lj's perches arrived a few days ago, and I just wasnt up to opening them. Did it today.
The cork one is going to be stashed for a little while cause I doubt it'll last long with my girls. I put one platform in for now and plan to do a cage rearrangement at some point.
20220923_103217.jpg 20220923_103240.jpg 20220923_103251.jpg
Also first time I've seen them use it.
20220923_103312.jpg 20220923_103324.jpg

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I am quite positive that Sunbeam is not a budgie.

She is some large bird ('too perhaps?) That has been shrunk down as a disguise.
This morning I give them veggies and first thing she does is go around and remove the big chunk of carrot from two of the bowls, being sure they land with a nice loud thunk, so I can hear exactly what she's doing. I know she does in fact like carrot :meh: