• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bunch o' Budgies

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I'm excited for you and your budgies!! Can't wait to see it completed :marlenesmile:
I am Extremely excited too!! This has been something like 3ish years in the planning and I am actually finally making progress!
Having four walls up I can finally picture the space better, tho I am the kind of person who'll always want more space for them I know they'll love this :heart: I can't say for sure when it'll get completed (have to work out flooring next), but sometime spring/early summer I reckon.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I hate it when my little man isn't feeling 100% :( His feet have been causing him a lot of trouble the last few days. I am ringing today to see if the vet can see him today or tomorrow, but there's no guarantees as they are fully book and only seeing emergencies (all none life threatening emergencies have to be pre approved by a vet too)
20220905_090422.jpg

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awwww....LJ! I'm sorry to hear this, and I hope he is able to be seen!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope they can book him in! Feet are important & seemingly little things like that can be the harbingers of larger issues. If caught in time, some of those issues can be fixed.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
He goes in tomorrow, he'll have to stay in all day and I wish it could be sooner but I am just thankful he can get seen. I'll be setting up his travel cage this evening.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m so glad he can be seen! Let us know what the vet has to say.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
How did everything go today at the vet?

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
How did everything go today at the vet?
Just sat down with my dinner after getting home about half an hour ago to update.

LJ was an absolute champion. He came home quite thirsty so I suppose he was too nervous to drink while there, but behaved very well. He waited patiently at the vet since 9:30 to be finally "seen" at about 7:30. The vet clinic was pure chaos today (SUPER busy). He has been given two medications, one for pain and inflammation the other for bacterial infection (I think) and we're planning to have a recheck Tuesday next week :)
He is very happy to be home with Sunbeam and she is too.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor little man, what a trooper! Are the pain and infection related? Or does your sweet LJ have arthritis?

I’m sure Sunbeam was feeling “missy” without him :)

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Poor little man, what a trooper! Are the pain and infection related? Or does your sweet LJ have arthritis?
I am not sure. I didn't get a proper chance to discuss it all with the vet. I do think it's highly likely he has arthritis though.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I am sure he's glad to be home, just has to put up with me poking a syringe in his face every day.
20220907_083603.jpg
Also everyone else after bathing the other day.
20220905_112514.jpg 20220905_112558.jpg

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
So glad he did well and he is HOME!!! <3

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Just sat down with my dinner after getting home about half an hour ago to update.

LJ was an absolute champion. He came home quite thirsty so I suppose he was too nervous to drink while there, but behaved very well. He waited patiently at the vet since 9:30 to be finally "seen" at about 7:30. The vet clinic was pure chaos today (SUPER busy). He has been given two medications, one for pain and inflammation the other for bacterial infection (I think) and we're planning to have a recheck Tuesday next week :)
He is very happy to be home with Sunbeam and she is too.
I'm sorry, I do not know how I missed this. I hope the meds are working and things are looking better.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww! It really is wonderful to see the all together! Winston does go for that bathing thing with a gusto! :embarassed:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Awww! It really is wonderful to see the all together! Winston does go for that bathing thing with a gusto! :embarassed:
I am positive him and Em are part duck :duck:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I don't want to make this thread into LJ health dramas so I might make a thread just for him later. So probably last update here about his health.

I am not coping too great.
While I am quite sure LJ has arthritis and his medication would be helping with that, I've realised today I think the issue might be something more serious. I don't want to go into much detail till after he is seen tomorrow, but if it is confirm I am gonna need any and all the advice and info AA has to offer.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry to read this! Hang in there, and try not to worry too much until you know the whole picture of LJ's condition!

PS, I will say that in the spring, I thought my Jujube had cancer. He was favoring one of his legs and seemed in pain. I was terrified he had a tumor and cried for 2 days. It turned out that his gonads were quite large (hormones), and they were pressing on a nerve! Lots of covered dark time at night is all he needed. I hope for a similar outcome for your LJ.

Last edited:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't borrow trouble from tomorrow. You never know until you actually do. Hang in there! :bighug: