• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bumblefoot?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I see. My main issue is that I myself cannot drive and the nearest vet is a 2-hour drive from where we live. It’s hard to go there (as much as I would like to), so I was hoping it was possible to cure from home.
As you can’t correctly diagnose from home any treatment you attempt is basically an experiment…

chigen123

Strolling the yard
As you can’t correctly diagnose from home any treatment you attempt is basically an experiment…
Is it possible to make her better from home, or is it necessary to see an expert?

chigen123

Strolling the yard
Is it possible to make her better from home, or is it necessary to see an expert?
It isn’t that I don’t want to, the problem is that it’s very, very hard to go to the vet. I was hoping there’d be some way I could reduce the swelling and get her back to normal without a medical expert’s diagnosis.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is there a local vet who would be willing to liaise over the internet with an avian vet elsewhere? My rabbit vet does this. It's an extra fee for you, but this could be the answer.

chigen123

Strolling the yard
I’ll definitely look into that, I think they might do that
I also did some research on how to help from home, and I found that wrapping the perches with bandage/cloth material can help her feet. I have half of the perches right now, and when she’s fully accustomed to them, I’ll do the other two. image.jpg