• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Buffon's Macaw

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It's nice for parrots to have buddies. I'm fortunate that my girls are so close, and that the boys are forming a positive relationship. I always love updates of your birds. Keep 'em coming!

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Today's Adventure - sharing my yogurt with two macaws. This morning I was sitting on the sofa eating yogurt. Natch flies down, comes across the back of the sofa to me, and says MMMmmmmm. I gave her a little yogurt on a spoon and she ate it happily. When she was done she wandered away to the other end of the sofa to fly back to her cage. I stood up to offer a little bit to Boo Boo. He snatched the spoon right out of my hand and helped himself. I told him the least he could do was hand it back to me, so he did what you would expect from any macaw. He threw it.

Attachments

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
He is a beautiful bird!

BirdAtHart

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashley
Omg look at him holding the spoon and using it like it’s meant to be used!! That’s absolutely amazing. I’ve seen macaws do some things that have taken my breath away or made me laugh out loud.. but I’ve never seen one use a utensil like a person :wideyed: I’m stunned lol

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here is a video I took of him after he snatched the spoon out of my hand.

Rude Bird