• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgies with broken beaks

Danae496

Checking out the neighborhood
My local bird rescue just took in 2 budgies that had their upper beaks broken off by larger birds. I'm considering taking them. I don't know much about them at this point besides these pictures. I do have access to an avian vet and the rescue is great about getting birds medical attention if needed so I'm sure they're in good hands right now.

I'm just wondering what care would look like for them?

Attachments

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I think care would depend on whether or not their beaks will grow back. When they’ve seen the vet, you’ll know more.

Hopefully you can get them regardless. Poor, little, wee chirpers. I bet it was their home first & someone felt the need to ‘upgrade’. :shakehead:

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would like to share the story of budgie girl Leboo. She lost part of her upper beak in a gang fight. Incidentally, Leboo was hatching her eggs that time. We all were worried sick about the future of leboo and her babies. But her partner Jhontu continued to feed her and the babies. Thanks to him, Leboo survived. Her beak grew back in few weeks time but never came back to original state. Jhontu still feeds her, I call him the best husband of the world. :heart:
P. S. They belong to my friend. I will try to collect some photos of Leboo's beak to show you.