• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

-Budgies terrorize mantis-

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
News report:

Two malicious birds have been spotted scaring innocent mantis by flying on top of his home and pecking his windows. Mantis was minding his own business when the culprits were caught scaring him causing him to go into a defensive position.
Criminal 1:
Size: 7 inch
Discription: sky blue feathers and white head
16341651927316629016070221359415.jpg
Criminal 2:
Size: 7.5inch
Discription: gray purple with white head
20210706_080815.jpg
*These criminals have also been suspected for a millit robbery and murder. If you have any information call 911

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Murder?! Of what, some innocent millet?!?!
:eeeek:
Sorry, but those two have already been exonerated. They pleaded sheer cuteness. :angelic::angelic:
The culprits have been spotted! they have not been presented in front of a judge yet. Police are too afraid to close in on these vicious criminals. If criminals are caught, 90% of the poeple think the judge will not be able to stand the cuteness!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Cute.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
My little parrotlet Neptune is phobic of insects. He is most terrified of butterflies. He would need your budgie brigade to protect him!

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
My little parrotlet Neptune is phobic of insects. He is most terrified of butterflies. He would need your budgie brigade to protect him!
If you pay a good millit salery, then I'm sure sprinkles and quierido could protect Neptune from the bugs of the world. The judge and jury are making a final decision on the accused

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
I love all creatures except roaches, biting ants, mosquitoes, horse flies, lice, chiggers, hornets and yellow jackets.
That's quite a list... but I see SPIDERS are not on it?
I think spiders are cool... especially those HUGE Garden ones! As long as they're NOT crawling on me tho!
Last week I accidentally brought in a Wolf Spider that was riding on a plant. I put him in the kitchen window to help w/ a crowd of fruit flies that had appeared. It worked!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
No most spiders are good creatures that don't go out of their way to hurt people.
You may also notice I didn't include mice, rats, snakes or skunks either.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
No most spiders are good creatures that don't go out of their way to hurt people.
I don't like spiders I don't know but I really like jumping spiders, but I don't like mice and rats. I do like snakes though! Not sure of skunks from some chicken stories I've heard of them.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Skunks are so maligned! My parents spearheaded a mission this summer to rescue a teenage skunk stuck in a window well. It worked & no one was even threatened with spraying! Poor thing just wanted to live its life. I respect all life; I just don't necessarily want all of it in my home. And I love spiders; they help a lot. :)

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Skunks are so maligned! My parents spearheaded a mission this summer to rescue a teenage skunk stuck in a window well. It worked & no one was even threatened with spraying! Poor thing just wanted to live its life. I respect all life; I just don't necessarily want all of it in my home. And I love spiders; they help a lot. :)
My friends had chickens, and a skunk came in and would eat the chickens heads off I thought they were misunderstood, but when you have a skunk doing that, they are little harder to love :)

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
My friends had chickens, and a skunk came in and would eat the chickens heads off I thought they were misunderstood, but when you have a skunk doing that, they are little harder to love :)
I would not blame a skunk for that. Keeping chickens in coop, as even I do, places them at extreme risk to predators. They can't fly up in a tree or fight. "The Fox in the hen house" but the human put the hens in the house. I am only saddened your poor friend lost their chickens in such a horrific way. Those poor babies.

Does your friend know as fact it was a skunk? Skunks mostly eat plant matter and insects, so that seems a bit off. Though I am not a skunk expert I would say that attack sounds more like a weasel. I wouldn't blame the weasel either.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I would not blame a skunk for that. Keeping chickens in coop, as even I do, places them at extreme risk to predators. They can't fly up in a tree or fight. "The Fox in the hen house" but the human put the hens in the house. I am only saddened your poor friend lost their chickens in such a horrific way. Those poor babies.

Does your friend know as fact it was a skunk? Skunks mostly eat plant matter and insects, so that seems a bit off. Though I am not a skunk expert I would say that attack sounds more like a weasel. I wouldn't blame the weasel either.
Yeah your right, animals do what they need to do to survive

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Lmao Baylee is afraid of house geckos. She jumps and scream when she see them lol.