• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Budgies moved in?

tarad

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tracey
lol! My Quaker will let the lovebirds and cockatiels in and on her cage during the day, but in the evening -- watch out!

Yoshi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
Yoshi seems to love having the budgies around. We only allow it when we are home, but they seem to love hanging out with her too.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww! Yoshi and her tiny budgies are so picture-perfect together!

On a side note, thanks for the budgie/Quaker size comparison

zuzanqa

Real Name
Zuz
Yoshi seems to love having the budgies around. We only allow it when we are home, but they seem to love hanging out with her too.
Same here, my budgies take over Penguin´s cage when they´re all out and his pellets taste better apparently!

Yoshi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
Same here, my budgies take over Penguin´s cage when they´re all out and his pellets taste better apparently!
I wonder why that is. The budgies love "cleaning up" after the others and clean out the pellet bowls of any dust and crumbles while leaving their own untouched. And they have the whole room to fly around in but majority of the time hang out in Yoshi's cage.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Very cute and so true.

Last edited:

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wonder why that is. The budgies love "cleaning up" after the others and clean out the pellet bowls of any dust and crumbles while leaving their own untouched. And they have the whole room to fly around in but majority of the time hang out in Yoshi's cage.
B will only eat pellets when she's in E's cage!! :huh:

So your budgies and Quaker like one another? I know it's a gamble, and not everybird would do well together, but ours do?

Yoshi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
Yes, the Budgies and quaker get along. Not "I'm going to groom you" get along, but "we can sit here on the same perch within inches of each other and be content" get along. It absolutely floored me when I saw it.

Yoshi is so cage aggressive but one day while I let the budgies out to clean their cage and Yoshi was still in the room (she was being very, um...opinionated...that she did not want to leave her cage that day and go to the play stand in the other room) it got really quiet (budgies being completely quiet means trouble). I turned around and about had a heart attack because both little ones were in Yoshi's cage. :wideyed: But then I realized my cranky little girl was acting happy and even let me get her out of her cage by my hand when usually I need a wood dowel.

So they get limited time out together as a group. The Ring Necks are virtually cage free but have "their" stands. Yoshi has a cage, but its now kept open all of the time (a cage makes her feel more secure it seems). The budgies used to get let out after I moved the bigger guys to the play stand in my bedroom and then let them have a couple hours fly time every evening, but now they do get some time out with the big guys as well when I'm home.

Yes, its a risk and no I would not advise it for everyone, but for now this works for us. Right now I'm more worried about the two ring necks hurting each other more than I am about the budgies and quaker.