• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgies dropping

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
The antifungal is also being discussed elsewhere on these forums:
Read what Macawnutz has to say. It's likely the antifungal is causing symptoms. If you have to wear gloves imagine what it's doing to the gut.
I don't trust Reddit for advice or information. There are too many self-proclaimed experts (crackpots) on there spouting plain bad advice. Besides, everything you need is here on AA.

Last edited:

pat21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pat
Budgie has diarrhoea / grey poo : budgies (reddit.com)
I dont think its this serous, but you should call a vet ASAP..
That Reddit reply seems a little scary lol but I dont think my bird had what that bird has. He described it as really dry and all white and grey but my birds droppings are coming out with grey casing and watery. I’m making a vet appointment soon for after the anti fungal goes away to see if it is from something else.

pat21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pat
The antifungal is also being discussed elsewhere on these forums:
Read what Macawnutz has to say. It's likely the antifungal is causing symptoms. If you have to wear gloves imagine what it's doing to the gut.
I don't trust Reddit for advice or information. There are too many self-proclaimed experts (crackpots) on there spouting plain bad advice. Besides, everything you need is here on AA.
Yeah that Reddit post seems kinda scary lol I don’t think my bird has what that Reddit bird had.
Is it possible for each birds to have their own reactions to the anti fungal? Because my other budgie was on the same medicine at the same time and she hasn’t had any of these problems with the grey casing around the droppings.
I also just finished the anti-fungal today they said 21-30 days and I did 28 so I’m gonna give it a couple days to see if it gets better, and I will continue to give probiotics.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Is it possible for each birds to have their own reactions to the anti fungal?
It is possible yes, but unlikely if they were on the same dose of the same medication.
As the medication is finished contact the vet if these poops continue, he will want to examine her further.
Fingers crossed for Monday.

pat21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pat
It is possible yes, but unlikely if they were on the same dose of the same medication.
As the medication is finished contact the vet if these poops continue, he will want to examine her further.
Fingers crossed for Monday.
Yeah thanks for your help, I will most likely go to the vet as a just in case.

Azor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Azor
That Reddit reply seems a little scary lol but I dont think my bird had what that bird has. He described it as really dry and all white and grey but my birds droppings are coming out with grey casing and watery. I’m making a vet appointment soon for after the anti fungal goes away to see if it is from something else.
I was reading up on what it could be, everything with "gray" and stool pointed to the pancreas. But then again the "poop" are more "popcorny" (Its how it is described). Lets hope its fine! Better safe then sorry, just show ur vet the picks!

pat21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pat
Just wanted to give an update, I know it’s been a while. So I decided to cancel my appointment with the exotic vet I was going to and go to a avian vet it was a bit farther away but it was actually one of the best in my state and a little more than a hour away. They did diagnostics and everything looked good until the blood panel where they realized her kidney wasn’t well and starting to fail or I think it was gout in it one of the two. The vet tried some meds and fluid therapy and none if that worked so my budgie had to be put to sleep. It’s been hard not sure how to really deal with it. She was almost 4 years old and that feels so young to me, it bothers me that it’s happened to her at a young age.

Last edited:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I'm so sorry. I don't think any of us saw this coming.
How's your other budgie? They had the same diet and were on the same meds so I think you should just get the other budgie checked out. Though it's likely this was something genetic.

pat21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pat
I'm so sorry. I don't think any of us saw this coming.
How's your other budgie? They had the same diet and were on the same meds so I think you should just get the other budgie checked out. Though it's likely this was something genetic.
Yeah the vet said she’s gonna do a check to see what caused it I don’t know the name of it exactly. My budgies were on seed diet with Veggies and the vet told me that that’s fine for budgies compared to other birds so if they don’t switch to pellets it should be ok, the only problem I have with my other bird is that she needs to loose some weight though. So I’m hoping it wasn’t from the diet because my budgie that passed wasn’t overweight. I think it might be genetic because she’s always had a thing where she breaths loud sometimes so maybe that’s connected

Azor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Azor
Yeah the vet said she’s gonna do a check to see what caused it I don’t know the name of it exactly. My budgies were on seed diet with Veggies and the vet told me that that’s fine for budgies compared to other birds so if they don’t switch to pellets it should be ok, the only problem I have with my other bird is that she needs to loose some weight though. So I’m hoping it wasn’t from the diet because my budgie that passed wasn’t overweight. I think it might be genetic because she’s always had a thing where she breaths loud sometimes so maybe that’s connected
'
I'm so sorry for your loss..