• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie with dirty vent , been sleeping a lot throughout the day

Jingle

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Silver
I just got 2 new budgies around 3 days ago. According to their previous owner they were on an all-seed diet ( specifically canary seed). So on the day I first got them . I noticed that Sugar, the dilute violet budgie had some feces( quite dark colored and dried up) being stucked on his vent .
5B1CAA11-81D1-4EB5-B7CE-6EC76957F633.jpeg

So I decided to cleaned them up with cotton pad and warm water. And Yes I still kept his previous all-seed diet as I cant really do any diet conversion as of now as otherwise he wont eat and I am afraid that his sickness may be getting worse. Also he has been puffed/ fluffed up and sleeping most of the time, throughout the day.
186CC362-36D3-4ABD-A624-F3A5FEA9530A.jpeg But he has been eating quite well though. I am just worried due to his abnormal feces droppings and inactiveness . On the third day, I noticed that Jingle, my lutino budgie had underwent a similar issue, its just that compared to sugar his feces is much more wattery.
8E676C91-B353-4BE7-A838-E5B624503966.jpeg
9C3402C6-0D4B-409D-A09B-21083A482CA0.jpeg
Is this perhaps caused by stress ??? Diarhea ?? I really need some help and suggestions as there isn’t a singke avian vet nearby .

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is there any vet nearby? They might not be Avian certified but an exotics vet or some cat/dogs ones will treat and have experience with birds.