• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie trying to lay an egg, what do I do?

chigen123

Strolling the yard
My female budgie, about 2-4 years old, has recently stared to lay an egg. This was unexpected as I never saw them mate, and I was not at all prepared for this. I'll insert a picture of her from the front and back to show what she looks like right now. I have no idea what to do, and any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

chigen123

Strolling the yard
My female budgie, about 2-4 years old, has recently stared to lay an egg. This was unexpected as I never saw them mate, and I was not at all prepared for this. I'll insert a picture of her from the front and back to show what she looks like right now. I have no idea what to do, and any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.
Update: Nevermind, she won't stand still for pictures.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
. I have no idea what to do
Most birds can pass an egg with no interference needed. If you see anything worrying, take her to the vet.
Have a read of this, it will go over things to watch out for;

This was unexpected as I never saw them mate, and I was not at all prepared for this.
That´s ok, don´t worry. They may not have even mated, a hen can lay an egg even when she´s alone :) . Once the egg is laid, remove it from the cage and destroy it.

Reactions: tka

chigen123

Strolling the yard
Most birds can pass an egg with no interference needed. If you see anything worrying, take her to the vet.
Have a read of this, it will go over things to watch out for;

That´s ok, don´t worry. They may not have even mated, a hen can lay an egg even when she´s alone :) . Once the egg is laid, remove it from the cage and destroy it.
Thanks for the help! I'll read the document and update this thread if anything happens. Thank you very much for this, people like you are lifesavers.

chigen123

Strolling the yard
Update: She is doing fine! After her condition had worsened, we took her to an avian vet who helped her.