• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie throwing up

redrose27

Strolling the yard
Today (around 10pm) I gave kony (budgie) her medicine for gout which has caused her to throw up before but this time it was violent. She constantly kept going at it throwing up seed and a very very light pink substance which I think is the medicine but it came out almost white and a bit foamy. Not foamy exactly but like a sticky liquid with a few bubbles in it. It got everywhere and kony just kept going and going. Ive never seen it this bad before. Im hopeing its just the medicine that went down bad and not some kind of yeast infection.
The best I can do for now is offer her diluted apple cider vinegar. My family is already upset about having to pay to get my wisdom teeth removed next month, and as I have said in past post they do not support the idea of me going to the vet at all.
At this point with everything happening in my life and my parents refuseing to support me im going to have to rush to find a job (one that i did not plan on getting) and hope I can get enough for a car asap and a drivers licence all in one month. I know I need to get her another check up at the vet for her gout but after tonight im very worried. I had planned on touching up my portfolio and resume to apply for a digital art job (related to my collegr major). But to do this takes a lot of time and now with the reason to see the vet increasing Im just going to have to settle for any job I can find that pays enough for a car.
Please any advice would help, ill post an update tomorrow in the morning I plan to not give her her gout medication for a day to let her stomache rest incase in the hopes that it was the medicine and she will be fine in a day.

redrose27

Strolling the yard
Today (around 10pm) I gave kony (budgie) her medicine for gout which has caused her to throw up before but this time it was violent. She constantly kept going at it throwing up seed and a very very light pink substance which I think is the medicine but it came out almost white and a bit foamy. Not foamy exactly but like a sticky liquid with a few bubbles in it. It got everywhere and kony just kept going and going. Ive never seen it this bad before. Im hopeing its just the medicine that went down bad and not some kind of yeast infection.
The best I can do for now is offer her diluted apple cider vinegar. My family is already upset about having to pay to get my wisdom teeth removed next month, and as I have said in past post they do not support the idea of me going to the vet at all.
At this point with everything happening in my life and my parents refuseing to support me im going to have to rush to find a job (one that i did not plan on getting) and hope I can get enough for a car asap and a drivers licence all in one month. I know I need to get her another check up at the vet for her gout but after tonight im very worried. I had planned on touching up my portfolio and resume to apply for a digital art job (related to my collegr major). But to do this takes a lot of time and now with the reason to see the vet increasing Im just going to have to settle for any job I can find that pays enough for a car.
Please any advice would help, ill post an update tomorrow in the morning I plan to not give her her gout medication for a day to let her stomache rest incase in the hopes that it was the medicine and she will be fine in a day.
UPDATE: 1am She tried to throw up again but nothing came up. I dont think ive ever seen this happen before can someone please share some advice on the situation.