• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Budgie sleeping a lot, and now isn't able to speak properly

Snow

Checking out the neighborhood
I got my new budgie a week before. He was sleeping excessively since day 1, but since I was new, I thought he might be scared. However, it kept on increasing- he got up only to eat, and then slept again. Yes, he did get up occasionally to talk, but then slept right away.
Since yesterday, however, he is not able to speak properly. He can chirp the same, but certain sounds are really muffled. He's also rubbing his cere on the perch a lot, and is always fluffed up.
I live in a small city, so there aren't any vets around. Can someone please help? He's just a few months (around 4)old and still a baby..

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
How is your bird today?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you state your general country/ province/ state, someone could help you find a vet.

Snow

If you state your general country/ province/ state, someone could help you find a vet.
I live in India, in the state of Jharkhand. The city is Dhanbad. I don't know if it's possible to find an Avian vet online, because I searched everywhere.. But any help would be appreciated..

Snow

How is your bird today?
I bought a medicine names Metrogyl. It's helpful for bacterial infections. So today he still can't speak, but is sleeping less. Loose motion has somewhat stopped. But he's still puffed up..