• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie silliness

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
Like I said. He's squealing at the world. It's all in good fun. A video would help if you're uncertain.

I managed to get a video where partway through he starts his fake angry /chipmunk noise while kinda dancing. It was his bedtime so he was maybe legitimately tired/cranky but its example of the angry noise while playing! Its at about 10 seconds in

Reactions: Ali

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
Hopefully the video works , @Lori D Pert is this what you consider the angry chipmunk noise? (About 10 seconds in?)

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
That is the angry chipmunk sound aka the 'dolphin'. It's a sound they use often but rarely makes it into a song. My Pepper has done the same. I'll hear it and look across to see her singing away happily. Flynn makes a better job of it though.

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
Is he angry?! He sometimes makes it so high pitched and it sounds like something is really wrong, but he is fine!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Is he angry?! He sometimes makes it so high pitched and it sounds like something is really wrong, but he is fine!
I don't think he is at all. It's just part of his impressive reportoire now. Seems he doesn't understand how it's going to play on your nerves when he does it, he's just enjoying himself and doesn't care. You'll get used to it, and you will learn the difference between this and the real angry sound.

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Wow, he does it so high and quiet:roflmao: That is the upset noise, but he has made it a song I guess. He's enjoying his fun! And what a vocabulary he has!

clarousel

I've only heard Preeno make that noise when something unwanted touches him or he gets 'stuck' and tries to attack the item. So interesting to hear his song! :joyful:

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
Agree with everyone else - it is the angry noise but he's made it part of his song. If he were angry, it would be a whole lot louder! Interesting - did he learn it from Charlie and thinks its part of her language which he is singing back?

Oh yes, on the pizza thing - those of you who said you couldn't eat a whole pizza are LYING!

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
Yeahh team whole pizza!! :roflmao: :dancing:
I was bought up to share a pizza! As in we would order 1 (!) Pizza to share between my whole family and we'd each have a few slices. When I met my partner he was horrified so we have to order a pizza each...he eats the whole thing!

I actually prefer to make them, I make a mean pizza

clarousel

I was bought up to share a pizza! As in we would order 1 (!) Pizza to share between my whole family and we'd each have a few slices. When I met my partner he was horrified so we have to order a pizza each...he eats the whole thing!

I actually prefer to make them, I make a mean pizza
Photos if you do make one please! To feed our eyes... :starscfe:

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
Interesting - did he learn it from Charlie and thinks its part of her language which he is singing back?
Yep this is definitely what he has done (just listening to her grumble and angry squirrel at him now). Charlie gets very cranky at night and makes this noise constantly at him when shes going to sleep, even if he is nowhere near her- Flynn can't even breathe right it seems. In her defense he certainly can be annoying sometimes, trying to play with her. I think poor Flynn is completely oblivious that the angry noise means that she's angry....in his kind he is perfect at all times and everyone else must think that too,a

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
omg this is all so funny, the budgies are on the main floor, and we get to watch them all the time, they are so funny to watch! Rude little birdies too~ haha

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
I love how mid-way through this thread, everyone’s was talking about pizza and fish & chips. Lol. Let’s just turn this whole thread into chatting about our cravings, :rofl::lol:

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
I think its just hilarious that Flynn has made that chipmunk sound part of his song. How will you ever now that he is upset?

Also, just like a guy to ignore warning signals from the gals! :rofl:
:lol: yes and here I was worrying about it.

Something would have to be pretty badly wrong for Flynn to be upset. He is a very happy go lucky bird!