• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie silliness

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Flynn has started making that high pitched, angry squirrel noise a lot lately- my mother thought he was injured at one point this weekend. He is actually fine, and often is playing and doing his happy head bobbing dancing while making the angry noise? I will even try to video him doing it, he is obviously happy at the same time. Just a strange bird?

Also- he really loves his friend Charlie, and he often sits and serenades her and she looks lovingly at him. Then- bam! He snaps at her! He does it all the time. Is that just a Flynn thing or normal? And then she does the angry noise, but for real...
Typical budgie. My budgie Parker loves to squawk! He's shouting at the world! Sounds normal, budgies will get into each others' space. No boundaries.

Reactions: Ali

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
  • Haha
Reactions: Ali

clarousel

Could he have learnt it from somewhere? Sounds like he can't make up his mind how he feels :roflmao: male birb PMS? Hehe

Lori D Pert

Real Name
Lori
lol...I am wondering if we are thinking of the same sounds? If it is a loud shriek in your ear that's different from the "angry chipmunk or dolphin". sound. If it is a loud chirp or "NEEEEP", we call those the "Screamin' neeps" and they are a call for attention. Actually a call that says "drop everthing you're doing and give me attention now" sound. We get lots of those too...lol.

clarousel

I haven't managed a video of Flynn's fake crankiness. I did snap this one of Charlie though, my birds like to sit on a knee each sometimes. Charlie had decided she didn't want Flynn there and shooed him off. She now has one foot on each knee claiming her territory
omg so cute!!! and fluffy!!! hehe Charlie doing the splits!

Preeno sometimes holds on to my finger, no idea why. I'd have to pull away quite some distance before he lets go :roflmao: