• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie silliness

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
Flynn has started making that high pitched, angry squirrel noise a lot lately- my mother thought he was injured at one point this weekend. He is actually fine, and often is playing and doing his happy head bobbing dancing while making the angry noise? I will even try to video him doing it, he is obviously happy at the same time. Just a strange bird?

Also- he really loves his friend Charlie, and he often sits and serenades her and she looks lovingly at him. Then- bam! He snaps at her! He does it all the time. Is that just a Flynn thing or normal? And then she does the angry noise, but for real...

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
How many food bowls do you have? I have found that one food bowl is not sufficent for Kiwi and Blizzard, and it just causes fighting. They also may have been squabling over a favorite toy, perch, or the water bowl.

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
How many food bowls do you have? I have found that one food bowl is not sufficent for Kiwi and Blizzard, and it just causes fighting
I have that in the aviary.

The red rumps will take one dish, the budgies and finches the other. There has been do aggression since.

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
They have 2 food bowls. They aren't fighting about anything when he does it, he is literally sitting singing sweetly to her. Then snaps her. Then Charlie moves away (rightfully so) and Flynn gets cross that she's not listening to his singing anymore!

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
They have 2 food bowls. They aren't fighting about anything when he does it, he is literally sitting singing sweetly to her. Then snaps her. Then Charlie moves away (rightfully so) and Flynn gets cross that she's not listening to his singing anymore!
Hormones.

clarousel

I have that in the aviary.

The red rumps will take one dish, the budgies and finches the other. There has been do aggression since.
How do they know which bowl is their's? The food? Or they just sort it out themselves?

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I think there's a difference between sharing and communal eating...

I'm fine with the latter! I promise I'm a nice person! :laughin:
I agree, food is not a sharing item

Edit.. unless it is pizza or spaghetti, and only spaghetti because I like watching people recreate lady and the tramp and then realise what they are doing...

clarousel

I
I agree, food is not a sharing item

Edit.. unless it is pizza or spaghetti, and only spaghetti because I like watching people recreate lady and the tramp and then realise what they are doing...
Is it bad I've learnt from Brits that pizza is a personal food item...

It used to be a sharing thing until a whole table of my friends each had a pizza. Ever since, I don't share my pizza :wacky:

Plus why share? If you can't finish it then leftovers for the next day yay!

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I

Is it bad I've learnt from Brits that pizza is a personal food item...

It used to be a sharing thing until a whole table of my friends each had a pizza. Ever since, I don't share my pizza :wacky:
I've never heard of a personal full size pizza, are you taliking about Pizza-Hut style personal pies? I usually only eat 2 or 3 slices of a normal sized pizza.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
This is a regular pizza on the smaller end, usually it takes at least 2 to 3 people to eat one, most people i know don't eat more than 2 slices of pizza in a meal.

1594737029380.png

Reactions: Ali