• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Sick Once?

Komsur

Walking the driveway
Hi,

My budgie has been fine with no changes to behaviour, activity, eat/drinking, no dropping changes, etc. everything normal. Just now though, he was sick. Just a tiny amount with a little bit of sneezing and it was over. Can budgies overeat and be sick? Or get stuff stuck in the throat and "choke"? He did just fly back up from one of the food trays. I'm wondering if this will be a one off issue, but I'm going to monitor closely over the next day or so to see if anything repeats or gets worse. I suppose possibly he's been sneezing more than usual, but that's to say going from 1 or 2 a day to maybe 6 or 7 a day, is that a significant amount per day?

Thank you if you can answer my question :)

EDIT: He's back to tweeting and playing with his friend in the cage at the moment, I think I'll not disturb them and leave them in there tonight because of this.

Last edited:

Komsur

Walking the driveway
EDIT #2: The edit option seems to have disappeared, so replying.
I'm usually worried about this one because as you can see from my signature, I had a budgie that didn't last very long (died of a respiratory infection) and this one is genetically a brother to him so I'm worried he'll possibly have similar issues.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Do you mean he vomited? or regurgitated?

Komsur

Walking the driveway
I guess vomited? I'm not too sure on the difference other than if it's into another bird's mouth directly. But basically, he was sat on the perch just after eating, opened his mouth a bit, started sneezing and then shook his head and a small lump of stuff came out and then he stopped doing anything for about a minute then went back to his usual. I'd assume that's vomiting, right?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you think your bird is ill and he is sneezing frequently and vomiting the best thing to do is take him to the vet.

Komsur

Walking the driveway
I will probably do that anyway, but he's not sneezing that much, and has only vomited once. I'll take him, hopefully it's nothing.