• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie show?

EnglishBudgMom

Walking the driveway
So there is an Cascade Budgerigar Society (WA state) show near me this weekend. Has anyone been to one (or a current member of this group?) before?? I'm not looking to buy breeding stock or show, I'm just curious. It's not far from my home and I have a birthday party to attend nearby, so figured I'd make a side trip to check it out before the party. Knowing me I'll find another English Budgie that I will want to take home, but we're not ready to add another bird yet.

I'm just wondering if I can just show up as a member of the public, and what should I expect??

Thanks for all that you guys do to support us bird parronts!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I would have no idea what to expect, but it sure sounds fun and interesting! Can't wait to hear your update.

EnglishBudgMom

Walking the driveway
Well, it's actually on the way to the party I'm attending, so I'm just going to show up and poke around. I've never seen real show quality English Budgies before in the flesh, so that'll be neat. I'm also hoping some fun vendors will be there to buy yet more toys and junk for Bubbles. I'll let you all know if I get kicked out :D;) or come home with a half dozen new birds :hehe:

EnglishBudgMom

Walking the driveway
Okay! So that was interesting. I went to the hotel where the show was late; the organizers were having a meeting in the corner so I tried to not be intrusive. Some guy told me I could look around all I wanted. I didn’t take pictures because I get odd. I was the only person there! It was a small conference room, FULL of small show cages and mostly angry English Budgies. The floor was just covered in seed . Saw some beautiful birds though!

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Oh wow, what an interesting experience. Must have been pretty cool seeing all of those birds! I've heard of budgie shows but I've never seen one.

EnglishBudgMom

Walking the driveway
I went too late in the day to see judging, but saw all the ribbons! You could tell he birds were SO done with those little show cages.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Ha, I bet they were done. If it's anything like dog shows I'm sure it lasts several hours, plus travel time. A whole chorus of budgie voices, that's pretty cool that you could hear them, they have such sweet voices.