• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie scaly mites?

Pastel

Meeting neighbors
Hi everyone,

I just noticed crust around my two budgie's ceres... do you guys think it's scaly mites? Their beaks were fine just yesterday... i could also be the new veggie chop i gave them (i change my recipe every batch i make and the vet says it's fine if they're used to constant change) this recipe might just leave more residue.

They also both had dried blood under the wings in the past two days. Here are some pictures. The colors on the face feathers are definitely the veggies. I already took an appointment for both of them at the vet, the only opening they had is in 6 days and I'm worried that if it is really mites, it's growing incredibly fast since it happened overnight. 42AB4E71-1DC5-4C20-A5D9-CB55148E5C6B.jpeg

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
There does look to be some damage to the cere, damage that won't suddenly appear overnight with mites. Can you post a frontal photo?
They also both had dried blood under the wings in the past two days.
Not a symptom of scaly face mites. You want to look at the possibility they're fighting when you're not there.