• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie prob please help

Chris ward

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Chris
hi there ,I have a 2 year old budgie that is rubbing her beak wont eat or drink and is closing her eyes all the time. Very worried can any body help?

Mybluebird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anne
Can you post a picture or video? Is she going through a molt or starting to molt? You can tell if you see pin feathers on her head. When they mot, budgies tend to have lower energy especially if its a heavy molt. They will also rub their beak on a perch trying to get at the pin feather above the cere which are itchy.

parrotman

Strolling the yard
Your bird may be dying, Get her to a vet asap

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not eating or drinking is worrying. Will she eat her favourite foods?

I would get her to a vet as soon as possible. Birds try their best to hide their illnesses so by the time we notice that something is wrong, they're very sick indeed.

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Try millet or try holding a small syringe or dropper with water up to her beak and get her to drink some. If you hold her with a towel they usually open their mouths and then slowly put water in, like you're giving medicine. But definitely get her to the vet

Chris ward

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Chris
Can you post a picture or video? Is she going through a molt or starting to molt? You can tell if you see pin feathers on her head. When they mot, budgies tend to have lower energy especially if its a heavy molt. They will also rub their beak on a perch trying to get at the pin feather above the cere which are itchy.
15963920728551402876171942187065.jpg
Try millet or try holding a small syringe or dropper with water up to her beak and get her to drink some. If you hold her with a towel they usually open their mouths and then slowly put water in, like you're giving medicine. But definitely get her to the vet
Thank you , tried millet she won't eat it, she is sneezing a lot and plumped up her feathers and is sitting very low on the perch.will try the towel to get some water into her. Many thanks

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
She does look like she's not feeling well. If I were you, I'd call the vet and get her in ASAP. Good luck!

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Her appearance and symptoms are concerning. I would also recommend that she be checked out by a vet. Could be serious.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Are you at the vet yet?