• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie open mouth breathing, tail bobbing - Help

Mariami

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Mariam Talakhadze
Hello everyone! You are my last hope people, because in my country there is not any avian vet. My male budgie needs help ASAP. He had cold 2 weeks ago. bu after 6 days he got well, started active life and eating. But now for about 4 days he is really really sick. He sneezes 5-6 times a day, he is breathing through his mouth and squeaks constantly. Sometimes it's like he is choking. He eats, not much but it's not bad. His poop isn't great too. I observe him and I think he may has some throat problems. I have lamp turned on for heat. Help me please I can't look at his suffering. What can I do? How can I help him?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
What country do you live in? We may be able to help you find a veterinarian.

Your bird appears to have an upper respiratory infection (either bacterial or fungal) and a vet is required to treat his condition. There are no home made remedies.

The warmth is good and try to put him in a steamy area to relieve his gongestion and breathing. "Does not cure anything.

Mariami

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Mariam Talakhadze
What country do you live in? We may be able to help you find a veterinarian.

Your bird appears to have an upper respiratory infection (either bacterial or fungal) and a vet is required to treat his condition. There are no home made remedies.

The warmth is good and try to put him in a steamy area to relieve his gongestion and breathing. "Does not cure anything.
I live in Georgia. I searched everywhere, lots of vets but for animals. Everyone said no to me

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Mariami means Georgia the country, not the US state.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Here is a list of veterinarians - you can also try zoos and wild life reahabilitators.

@tka Yes, I got that TKA

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello Mariam, were you able to locate a vet? You may have to make a long journey, but if it´s the only way...