• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

budgie obsessing's over window!

merlin&co

Moving in
Real Name
april
hi all,
My budgie (female, 3/yo) is obsessed with picking out the dirt and dust in the crack of my window. at first, I thought she might be foraging so I spread seeds over the window for her to pick at insted of the dirt and dust as I'm afraid she might get sick from it (if she can??) but nothing seems to deter her from picking at it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

donutweall

Walking the driveway
I think I have one that does that too... He is PERSISTENT in licking every corner he can find. Like I thought I kept my house decently clean, but he finds every possible crevice that might accumulate a speck of dust. And. Licks. It. :tmsmakesme:

I can't keep the place clean enough to stop him it seems!!!!

So, I guess my first suggestion is to clean that area more often (and with no chemicals!)... and count yourself lucky if that's the only place they go searching for dust :marievacuums:

merlin&co

Moving in
Real Name
april
omg! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! that must be so frustrating when he goes out on a dust hunt! I feel you our winged babies are so cheeky!
thank you! :cheer:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So my Jardine's used to do this too and would also try to chew the window frame.

I covered the sill in that Press N Seal stuff that I think Glad makes? Anyways he hated the feel of it and left it alone :lol:

You could try to get a piece of untreated pine to sit on the sill too, so she can still chill out there without damaging it or herself

merlin&co

Moving in
Real Name
april
good idea with the pine! I might give it a go as well! but for now ill just have to clean and cover it with a cloth. she loves to sit at the window with me and watch the world and cuddle, definitely her fav spot.

thank you!

Chelly

Moving in
Real Name
Missy
So my Jardine's used to do this too and would also try to chew the window frame.

I covered the sill in that Press N Seal stuff that I think Glad makes? Anyways he hated the feel of it and left it alone :lol:

You could try to get a piece of untreated pine to sit on the sill too, so she can still chill out there without damaging it or herself
I use the press n seal too, only I use it over newspaper so when it's time to change the tray, it's a cleaner cleanup. It works great