• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Budgie may have polyuria

parrotman

Strolling the yard
For some info: This is not my bird, But a friends bird and I think it might have polyuria but I have no way of telling and my friend thinks his bird has polyuria but as far as I know the urine amount looks normal to me, But I may be wrong and I'm pretty concerned about his budgie and his budgies were on a low(er) seed mix but he has purchased a high-quality seed mix(he told me it was the most expensive seed mix)from his local pet store and hasn't fed his budgie(s) a lot of veggies or pellets, the cause may be wet seed from the feeding bowl but I don't know if he has dried his parrots feeding bowl off with a paper towel after rinsing with soap and water

( )
https://www.reddit.com/r/budgies/comments/i5dvb3

Last edited:

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Reactions: Ali

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I mean, from here it doesn't look like excessive urine. If they are worried, a vet visit is never a bad idea.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Get this person to join AA so we can educate. Also if friend is concerned take bird in for a medical check up.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Looks normal to me.I would gues that switching seed mix would cause a little change.

Seeds shouldn’t be the whole diet though. I guess you know that, right?

I too would recommend a vet visit if your friend is worried.

Bookwyrm

Sprinting down the street
My first thought was stress. My budgie had droppings like that for a while after I brought him home. I'd have your friend check for anything new in the environment, or even a change in schedule.
So it could be stress, the change in diet, or just a normal thing. I'd keep an eye on it, but I don't think it's anything to be overly concerned about unless it gets worse.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
We have responded that if you are concerned about your bird to see an avian vet to examine your bird.