• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie making weird sneezing noises. Possible sickness??

Scorpi0

Sprinting down the street
My female budgie is about 9 months old and has been making this weird sneezing sound ever since we got her. It almost sounds like a cute little sneeze but I’m not sure what it is and am hoping its not a sign of some kinda disease. I have looked through many videos online but have not seen another budgie making this same exact noise. It will usually happen every few days and goes on for about 10 to 30 seconds and then stops. I was finally able to get it on video today when it happened. Other than this weird noise, she is active and will eat, play and fly around the room normally. If anyone knows what it is please let me know so I can treat her if I have to.

I couldnt post the video so I uploaded it Youtube and pasted the link in here:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
She's vomiting. I can clearly hear the seeds hitting the bottom of the cage. Every few days isn't a major concern - she's probably just gorging on the seed. If you remove the seed for any time during the day then start leaving it in the cage so she gets used to it being there and stops gorging.
If it gets much more frequent then time for the vet I think

Last edited:

Scorpi0

She's vomiting. I can clearly hear the seeds hitting the bottom of the cage. Every few days isn't a major concern - she's probably just gorging on the seed. If you remove the seed for any time during the day then start leaving it in the cage so she gets used to it being there and stops gorging.
If it gets much more frequent then time for the vet I think
You might be right! She does love to pig out anytime I refill their seed bowl. But what about the chirping sound she is making, is that normal?

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It's part of it. The muscles used in the vomiting reflex are also used for their voice.

Scorpi0

Ok thanks! Im less worried now!
I started mixing their seed bowl everytime I add new seeds just so she cant pick her favorite seeds right away. She will have to dig through the bowl to get at them now….that should slow her down a bit.

Scorpi0

Just an update to this thread since its been a while.
I have noticed anytime Birdie flies a few laps around the house (usually around 30 seconds), she will start making these noises as soon as she lands somewhere. She will do the noise about 10 times and then stop. Shes the only one from my birds who will make this noise. Everything else with her seems fine.