• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie Making Strange Noises

joshuacott

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joshua Cott
Hi Guys,

So my budgie Blu is still sick at the moment, he is on antibiotics.
Tonight since ive given him his antibiotics he is perched and making these noises which ive not heard him make before at all.
I was just wondering if any of you know what it could mean.
I'm thinking maybe its from the stress of me having to give him the antibiotics, in general he had seemed to be getting better and his nare isnt getting clogged as much or as quickly so antibiotics must be working.
He is still a bit calmer than usual not playing as much, but he is doing much better than he was, even his feather condition has drastically improved.
I would really appreciate any advice or theories.
Thank you <3

Video: Snapchat-887790179.mp4

joshuacott

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joshua Cott
Blu Noises
Not sure if drive link is working, have attached youtube link.
He has calmed a lot now, still a little heavy breathing but nothing like the video, had calmed alot within 10 minutes, so im assuming mostly brought on by the stress of the antibiotics.

joshuacott

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joshua Cott
Strange sound. Is your bird on meds for an upper respiratory infection? Sometimes a bird will get voice changes. Its worth a call to the vet if it continues.
Blu is on 0.4ml of Doxycycline twice a day, originally we thought it was parrot fever, thankfully not, so we are thinking some sort of upper respiratory infection and the antibiotics seem to be doing the trick.
I just got worried when he was making those sounds, he's not making them this morning though thank god, hopefully wont happen again after his antibiotics like yesterday.