• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Loose!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
This blue budgie is hanging around my outdoor bird feeders today. I've been out there with seed in my saying Step Up, Come Here, Pretty Bird, etc. To no avail.
Any ideas on catching him?
20190830_125921-1.jpg

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I'd try the travel cage idea- something big enough to where he won't feel super trapped inside. Maybe hang a nice big millet spray in there.

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Maybe sprinkle some seed or something at the entrance. May be hard to it to see what is in there.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Yep, sprinkled plenty. He's sitting on the fence checking it out too. I have a long fishing line attached to the cage door so I can close it from about 75' away.

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
i was able to rescue holly by using a small budgie cage with seed and millet inside and with long rope to pull when she went inside the cage.

I wish you luck !!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Times like this I wish I had a small cage! The bars in all of mine are too far apart or I'd drag one out into the yard.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd be going crazy. I have never seen a companion bird out in the world, but it happens so much on our site. Good luck Tricia!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
When you get a minute, log the sighting on parrotalert :)

Good luck catching the little guy!! ❤

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I'd be going crazy. I have never seen a companion bird out in the world, but it happens so much on our site. Good luck Tricia!
Thanks! I have no idea who he belongs to. I looked online but nothing has been posted about him. Today is the first time I've seen him. I fill my 4 feeders every day so he must have gotten loose pretty recently. He is hanging around with a flock of sparrows that are here all the time eating.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I watched a youtube from loveofpets about her finally catching a lost budgie. Maybe it would help to watch?

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I don't know if a budgie would be attracted to any of my crew or not, Great video!

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
Not sure if this will work but maybe play some budgie sounds? Maybe the budgie will head towards the sound thinking there are more budgies. Best of luck!!

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
yes play budgie sounds I did that also and it did help as she would talk back when hearing the youtube videos of budgies sounds

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I watched a youtube from loveofpets about her finally catching a lost budgie. Maybe it would help to watch?

Even though I knew the outcome of this video because she shows the caught budgie right away , it was such a cliffhanger and great entertaining content! That bird found the perfect yard to eat with the sparrows from! :)

@EkkieLu, sorry to hijack for a second! I wish you the best of luck again! Sending positive :goodluck: thoughts! Hope you can catch it today!!!